• Software
  • Is this AIR Loom II ??? (p.3)
2017/08/07 15:16:34
abacab
Mesh
Oh oh, Abacab is assuming........

LOL... gonna keep me on my toes, huh?

That statement was too general, but was made in the scope of the discussion about presets in a plugin shifting by one place when reopening a Sonar project.

If you insert a plugin, and select a preset, that is stored with the project data. The project should reopen with the same preset selected, unless there is something wrong with either the plugin, or the project settings.

I realize that there are other plugin settings that can be made within the plugin UI that can be stored in various dedicated plugin folders, but that is not what we were discussing.
2017/08/07 15:22:36
Mesh
abacab
Mesh
Oh oh, Abacab is assuming........

LOL... gonna keep me on my toes, huh?

That statement was too general, but was made in the scope of the discussion about presets in a plugin shifting by one place when reopening a Sonar project.

If you insert a plugin, and select a preset, that is stored with the project data. The project should reopen with the same preset selected, unless there is something wrong with either the plugin, or the project settings.

I realize that there are other plugin settings that can be made within the plugin UI that can be stored in various dedicated plugin folders, but that is not what we were discussing.

Yes sir.....been following your convo as well.
I haven't got further than just jamming with Loom, so I'm assuming it's time I should start recording with it soon....
2017/08/07 15:36:34
abacab
Mesh

I haven't got further than just jamming with Loom, so I'm assuming it's time I should start recording with it soon....

Loom is still a work in progress for me too.  I have had the entire AIR collection for almost a year now, and it has been a learning curve.  Can't seem to swallow the whole thing in one bite.  Quite a feast!

Loom is really special, and takes such a different approach to synthesis, that even if you are already familiar with dozens of subtractive synths, this one makes a noob of everyone, LOL!

I really like watching the partials on the Morph page!  It's like a digital Lava Lamp!

Turn down the lights, grab a drink, and have fun! 
2017/08/07 15:39:10
abacab
And this Loom expansion pack is still free.  Grab it if you don't have it already, there are some really cool presets in here!

http://www.airmusictech.com/expansions/view/tapestry-for-loom

"Weave your perfect sound with this new 64 pre-set pack from Finger Marks (http://fingermarks.co.uk/) . This pack makes full use of Looms advanced features. All sounds are designed to make use of the morph XY pad in two ways; you can play it manually, or turn on automorph to make the sound morph along the preprogramed path. This free soundest is royalty free but may not be resold for a profit."
2017/08/07 17:25:28
ZincTrumpet
Cheers abacab and yes I can see the logic in your assumption.
Some kind of .cwp header reader/interpreter would be useful to see what information is stored (I bet the developers have one somewhere). 
2017/08/07 19:13:50
abacab
ZincTrumpet
Cheers abacab and yes I can see the logic in your assumption.
Some kind of .cwp header reader/interpreter would be useful to see what information is stored (I bet the developers have one somewhere). 

Well this doesn't exactly drill down into the bits and bytes of a .cwp, but it's still pretty cool.

It lets you view your project notes, see what tracks are in your project as well as what plugins, and you can even preview the audio files, all without opening the project.

You can preview all projects in your folder by single clicking on them, and by double clicking opens it in Sonar.

ProjectScope helps find CWPs and keeps them organized

http://forum.cakewalk.com/ProjectScope-helps-find-CWPs-and-keeps-them-organized-updated-to-quotProducer-Editionquot-m3218609.aspx

2017/08/07 21:09:08
BassDaddy
Thank you Simon the AIR guy. Always grateful when a real product guy shows up with the 411.
2017/08/07 21:09:32
BassDaddy
And I also am a Loom fan.
2017/08/07 22:57:47
ZincTrumpet
Useful, thanks abacab!
2017/08/08 16:47:36
anxiousmofo
Looking forward to the new GUI's.  I've pretty much held off on using the AIR Complete package in depth until it gets a facelift.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account