abacab
Starise

You guys have me curious about SM2. 

SynthMaster Player $9 (thru Nov)

Upgrade to SM2 from SynthMaster Player:
$59.00
2017/11/17 20:38:24
amiller
So, I pulled the trigger on SynthMaster...$79 from Sweetwater. I’ll check it out over the weekend. Are there any “expansion” packs you folks would recommend?

‘Still haven’t gotten Omnisphere 2 out of my mind though.😀 I really like Trillian so Omnisphere 2 is calling my name...al...al... al...😄
2017/11/17 20:46:03
SF_Green
amiller
So, I pulled the trigger on SynthMaster...$79 from Sweetwater. I’ll check it out over the weekend. Are there any “expansion” packs you folks would recommend?

‘Still haven’t gotten Omnisphere 2 out of my mind though.😀 I really like Trillian so Omnisphere 2 is calling my name...al...al... al...😄

Enjoy!

Now, you know you get a VIP pack of patches if you have both Trillian and Omnisphere that layers both instruments in the patches...
2017/11/17 21:31:28
amiller
I vaguely remember something about interoperability between Omnisphere and Trillian but I got Trillian awhile back so I don’t remember the details.
2017/11/17 23:30:55
bitflipper
You can run Trillian patches in Omnisphere, as they share the same engine. That means you can create multis out of both libraries, e.g. bass in the lower octave, strings on top. (Ditto for Keyscape. There are even a set of free patches that combine Keyscape with Omnisphere. Great combination.)

As for Synthmaster add-ons, grab everything by Nori Ubukata. There are 7 of them. Currently just 8 bucks apiece.
2017/11/17 23:33:02
abacab
amiller

For SM expansions, definitely the 'Historic Synth Giants vol 1-4' (cool classic synth stuff) and 'Art Rock Basics' (some cool Mellotron stuff) from Nori Ubukati, and the 'Analog Basics' (Jarre and Vangelis, etc.) and 'Big Tone Signature Sounds' from Big Tone. Big Tone is very creative with use of mod wheel, pitch bend, and velocity, so his patches are very playable.  And Nori really nails the the classic synth sounds used on many recordings. 

Recommend listening to the Soundcloud demo links for these banks and see which you prefer.

These expansions are listed at $8 each right now, but are actually $6.75 each when you put 5+ in the shopping cart at KV331. 
When you purchase between 5-9 preset banks, the following coupon will automatically be applied: EXP5PACK, and you will save 10%

http://www.synthmaster.co...hmasterexpansions.aspx
2017/11/18 05:03:19
amiller
I bought the Nori Ubukati expansions and had some time to check them out during a studio meet with my bass player tonight. Man, we love them. My bass player is a huge Yes, Genesis, Floyd, Kansas...etc. fan. These packs are spot on.

I’m thinking I might just pass on Omnisphere for now. I’m pretty happy with SynthMaster.
2017/11/18 05:33:57
abacab
amiller
I bought the Nori Ubukati expansions and had some time to check them out during a studio meet with my bass player tonight. Man, we love them. My bass player is a huge Yes, Genesis, Floyd, Kansas...etc. fan. These packs are spot on.

I’m thinking I might just pass on Omnisphere for now. I’m pretty happy with SynthMaster.

Great to hear you are satisfied with SM!  It has some great sounds, and can clearly emulate nearly any synth!!!

Someday I may try Omnisphere, but in the meantime, I am learning new things about SM everyday! 
2017/11/18 07:05:23
eph221
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MEN! Omnisphere is in a class by itself.  The presets alone will give you any sound you could possibly want.  It's put together cleverly.  It's definitely worth the money, even if it's the only one you own.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account