2012/11/21 19:38:44
Fog
the cakewalk patch browsers have been a pain for me, esp. with using NI kore.. other things conform to the fxp etc standard.
2012/12/07 10:28:59
jm24
Fog

myconsumerclub

The ability to open other sample formats and sample other synths like extreme sample converter does

it converts to SFZ from other formats , so dunno what you mean ?!?! (obv.  you have to make a prog. from that)

the chicken system one sadly confirms to the later revision of SFZ by others = not exact

Can you splain this more?

I have some Halion samples I want to convert.

It is sad that the CW dudes have not seen fit to create a reasonable converter, given the degree they were involved with creating/standardizing the format.  And the easier it is to convert the more the format becomes popular, and hence DP,... would find an expanded market.

2012/12/09 13:43:50
mowse
I know I am! Definitely looking forward to a version 2 of Dimension Pro. It could use a new look/revamping, one of them being the browser (which is a pain in the royal). I really think it's about time. z3ta 2 is awesome! but don't stop there... do that same thing with Dimension Pro.
2012/12/18 03:27:45
xabiton
I'd love to see an update to Dimension Pro but I am not holding my breath. I think Cakewalk is really focused on getting new content for Sonar to bloat it up more so than updating old software like Dimension Pro. This is why I buckled down and just bought Kontakt. Everyone makes their sounds for Kontakt and it is the industry standard even if its not my favorite tool. I also use Sampletank quite a bit and I am ready for Sampletank 3 as well
2012/12/19 04:50:56
Glyn Barnes
I would say from a business prospective it's going to hard for any one to go up against Kontakt. Motu MachFive is about the only thing offering them a challenge at the moment. Maybe Magix will do something now they have bought Independence.

If there is going to be a next generation of Dimension Pro it should have (IMHO).

Scripting.
Key-switching
Graphical sample mapping for users to create their own instruments easily.
Involvement of third party content developers, and more than just DSF.

Where Kontakt wins hands down at the moment is not what NI puts out but the huge range of third party content from the free and the whacky to the expensive and the sublime. Cakewalk working with the likes of Orange Tree, Hollow Sun, Boulder Sounds and Sound Iron, there is an interesting concept!
2012/12/19 23:06:09
mumpcake
Scripting is the key. One of the things that draws the third party devs in the first place is the possibilities scripting offers. You couldn't even have something like Hollow Sun MLM series without scripting.
2012/12/20 10:27:32
icontakt
Why does it have 'Pro' in its name while Rapture doesn't? I like just 'Dimension.'
2012/12/20 23:17:59
mumpcake
History. The original Dimension came out in 2005 w P5v2. It had fewer samples and probably fewer features.
2012/12/30 23:17:26
digitalboy
gigasonar

What I really would like to see in Dimension Pro is disk streaming for big files like Pianos etc. Otherwise I like it lot and use it very often.

Yes Sir...This is a request I have had since day one...  

Dime Pro would be close to perfect if it also had the option to stream samples... 

We might get there soon though with ARIA and sforzando both being able to stream samples with the Giga technology that is in the Garritan stable now .. 

Rapture and Dime Pro have the synth components which offer greater manipulation,so some samples would be better to load into those engines..

The other request I would make for both Rapture and Dime Pro is an improved DSP section and upgraded effects..

I would love to get rid of Kontakt because I think that the sound engine sucks and I'm hoping that Dime Pro II will give me the options I need to finally give Kontakt the boot 
2012/12/30 23:31:23
wr
Just out of curiosity, seeing all the ideas for things you'd like to see - have any or all of you who want particular features to be added to DimPro gone ahead and submitted a "Feature Request" for those things to CW? You know, the one that's found on this website, in the Contacts page under Support.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account