2013/01/14 15:58:36
fr4ncesco
Hi AT, no nothing in particular, I think that the stock square waves are enough.

Here's a very quick attempt for Rapture.
It's not a clone, just relying on memory and personal taste
- two square waves, slightly detuned
- set to multi just to get some additional fatness (I know, this is cheating  ... )
- generous amount of portamento
- quick amp attack - but not zero in order to avoid clicks and help the portamento itself
- LP4 filter almost completely open, good amount of resonance in order to add some air
- very light amount of tube distortion before the filter
- hall reverb

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3980034/rapture_lucky_man.prog

hope you like it

Ciao
Francesco
2013/02/02 18:05:26
bluzdog
I want to check that one out Francesco but I can't find my preset folder to place it in.

Rocky
2013/02/02 18:35:44
fr4ncesco
my preset folder is C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs anyway, if you just want to try it you can save it anywhere and load it with the Load Program command
2013/02/02 18:58:01
scook
FYI C:\ProgramData is a hidden directory
2013/02/02 21:28:43
bluzdog
Got it. Thanks

Rocky
2013/02/04 21:05:10
bluzdog
Very cool Moog sound. Thanks Francesco!!!

Rocky
2013/02/07 03:19:04
fr4ncesco
thanks, glad you like it
2013/02/07 15:09:47
b rock
It's not a clone, just relying on memory and personal taste

Well, Francesco, you came pretty darn close.  I just played the outro from Lucky Man (also from memory, and using your preset).  I think that a *lot* of people might believe that it was from the original Moog.  I added one more control for the 'requisite' downward sweep of the LP4 filter.

Quick thought on loading up the isolated preset here & there.  The fastest way is to use drag & drop.  I tend to have Rapture open first (maybe the Microhost), download the .prog file, then immediately drag it over to Rapture and drop it in.  Instant gratification.

If you're hunting for the (often changing) file locations, clicking on Rapture's folder/file icon and "Browse Programs ..." gets you to the current location.  It also gives me an idea of where I want to permanently put the preset for a "Save As ..." operation.  In this case, that was Francesco - Miscellaneous. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account