2013/01/29 17:38:17
complexsimple
Does anybody know of good ways (settings, etc.)to use Session Drummer 3 for punk drumming? I'd like it to sound as real as possible.  
2013/01/29 20:32:03
dubdisciple
Excuse me if this comes off as naive, but I was not aware that punk drumming had a distinctive characteristic in style that was radically different from other rock genres. Don't get me wrong. i know that punk has it's own unique flavor, but i think for the most part the same things that apply to using SD3 for other genres pretty much work for punk. I would pick the drumkit that sounds most like the sounds I prefer, tune them to taste or load my own samples. How real it sounds will probably be more reflected in how you trigger or program the sounds than any setting within SD3 itself. Was there any specific aspects of SD3 in regards to drumming for punk music that you were unsure of?
2013/01/29 21:26:28
complexsimple
Well, for the faster beats of punk (in my experience) it just sounds a little more processed than recording a live kit. Although, maybe I could set up the step sequencer and then adjust the tempo. Any tips on triggering or programming the sounds would be helpful as well.
2013/01/29 22:33:08
RobertB
The SD3 sounds are probably a bit more controlled and deliberately dry compared to what you might get recording your own live kit. Also, most of the patterns are not really intended for 200 bpm, and may need a bit of tweaking to sound right.
Watch the Drum Production video here:
http://www.cakewalk.com/CakeTV/SONARU.aspx/Master-Class

It's long, but has a lot of good info.
2013/01/30 05:23:41
Platinum Samples
complexsimple

Does anybody know of good ways (settings, etc.)to use Session Drummer 3 for punk drumming? I'd like it to sound as real as possible.  

Check out our Joe Barresi Glamoulage Kit for Session Drummer 3 and our Brooks Wackerman MIDI grooves

Rail
2013/01/30 17:32:09
complexsimple
Thanks for the tips. I had watched some of the CakeTV tutorial videos but missed that one. A lot of good info. I didn't know. The platinumsamples may also be just what I was looking for. I have drum samples, but nowhere near as good as those.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account