2013/02/04 17:19:45
Dapper
I bought the ManyTone Fretless Bass for Dim Pro. I downloaded the files and put the multisamples in Dim Pro's Multisample folder, and the presets in Dim Pro's Program folder as the instructions said. I ran Dim Pro and hit F5 to refresh the list, but the Manytone Fretless Bass doesn't show up in the list. How do I let Dim Pro know it's there?
2013/02/04 18:16:22
scook
If the files are in the correct locations (you can verify that by checking the DimPro registry entries) and the
"C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\programs.lst"
has a modified date around the time you hit the F5 key, then you might need to contact the vendor. If the programs.lst file does not have a recent date, try renaming the file and start up DimPro. The programs.lst file is the file that contains the program list used in the browser and is supposed to be rebuilt with the F5 key.
2013/02/04 19:36:50
Dapper
Opened programs.lst with WordPad and NotePad and it's hard to read, but there's no dates that I can see. I don't know how to check the DimPro registry entries.
2013/02/04 21:41:21
scook
The modified date is usually displayed next to the file name in Windows Explorer when using the "Details" view. At this point you might just try renaming the programs.lst then start DimPro. If that does not work, a little more info would be nice. Such as, where did you put the files? Are you running DimPro 32bit, 64bit or both? What OS?

The default location for 64bit is
Multisamples - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples
Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

and 32bit
Multisamples - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples
Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs
2013/02/06 18:07:29
Dapper
Thanks, scook - that did it. My problem was that I put the program data in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs
rather than in
C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs
And I'm real confused about those 2 locations. When I searched the C: drive I could only come up with that first location. I could only find the 2nd location by typing it in. If you hadn't told me about it, I don't know how I would've found it. What's the purpose/function of that first location?
2013/02/06 18:27:45
scook
Glad you got it working. The C:\ProgramData is a hidden directory which has caused some confusion for others. There should not be a "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs", it is not used by DimPro. It might have been created during a previous install from a bad installer. What is in it? Is a collection of directories containing DimPro programs (files with .prog extension)? If so, you might want to integrate it into the ProgramData location. First make a safety copy of the ProgramData directory, just in case, then merge the directories, copying files but do NOT overwrite existing files. Make sure to refresh the browser with F5 if you add data to the ProgramData location.
2013/02/08 06:34:21
Dapper
The "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" folder is a duplicate of the "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" folder with all the .prog files, except the C:\Program Files includes a folder called "Elements" containing ".elem" files, whatever those are. Both folders include all the DSF expansion packs that I bought from time to time from Cakewalk. Why would the C:\ProgramData folder be hidden? Confusing...
2013/02/08 07:25:47
scook
There are numerous files and folders hidden by Windows; C:\ProgramData is one of them. All operating systems have hidden files and folders for a variety of reasons. You can alter Windows to make hidden files and folders visible if you wish. Here is how to do it on Windows 7 http://www.sevenforums.co...folders-show-hide.html

The elements are intended to be loaded directly into the E1 through E4 buttons. An element is a multisample file with the effect settings. Up to four elements make up a program.

You may want copy the Elements directory over to C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs", and remove "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" from your system. Alternately, what I would do is copy "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" over "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" allowing the copy process to merge all directories without overwriting existing files. That will make sure that "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" contains all your program info. Just to err on the safe side, after syncing up the directories rename "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" and run DimPro. Confirm that DimPro runs properly without "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs", make sure to test loading an Element (right-click on an Element button and try to load one). If it all checks out OK delete the extra copy of the programs directory.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account