2013/02/07 00:28:21
studio343
Hello all.. I'm hoping to find some "dream like" sound FX (i.e. when someone begins dreaming like in a movie.. the harp type sounds? or fairy dust, etc) from the VSTis in X2 producer edition.. and have been turning up nothing. I've done a search using the media browser (didnt know if that would work) and also checked thru some of the presets in DimPro, and Rapture. I was hoping maybe someone with more experience using these instruments might have an idea of what might work.. or where I could find something that might be of use. I'm a geetar player and don't use those VSTi's much... THanks for your assistance...  
2013/02/07 01:52:33
dubdisciple
You could try the solo harp in dimension pro wit ha thick reverb. There is a CAL strum preset you could apply could create the desired effect.
2013/02/07 02:18:23
dubdisciple
I just the harp solo preset with a delay. just ran my fingers across midi controller and got what i perceive the sound you are looking for.
2013/02/07 03:15:40
dubdisciple
2013/02/07 11:50:13
AT
What he said.  Strumming the harp just roll your fingers up the keyboard.  It helps if you have waterfall keys, but not necessary.

Or find a harpist to record.  For some reason my wife hired one for our girl's birthday party.  Twelve 12 year olds crammed into a small living room w/ a very big harp. ;-)
2013/02/07 12:27:57
dubdisciple
for that quick and dirty one I uploaded, I actually "strummed" using the computer keyboard so it is not the smoothest. Hmmmm, my gf actually has a small harp laying about.
2013/02/07 13:22:30
studio343
Wow guys thanks... for some reason I wasnt thinking "harp" but "dream." Duh!! Awesome.. thanks for the sample suggestion.. I think that will help alot. I have a midi controller keyboard and will try that with the DimPro harp.. (or one from the GPO or Miroslav).. Thanks much all. =)
2013/02/07 13:38:22
dubdisciple
You are very welcome. The harp works, but other chromatic string or plucked instruments may work as well or better. I just grabbed the first sound in Dim Pro I thought could work.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account