2015/04/01 01:05:05
Lord Tim
I'm really enjoying the extra customisation we've got with the control bar now, and love that we can do S/M/L sized modules.

One thing that's a little annoying is that I prefer to have the transport module set to small, which is great in that it saves room, but I now have no indication of what recording mode I'm in. On the large module, the record button changes state to show Comping / Sound On Sound / Overwrite, etc. but there's nothing in the small version. There's plenty of room on the button so I couldn't see how this would be a hard thing to implement.

Further to this, there's quite a few other things that are a little frustrating to dig for to confirm things are indeed set how you want them. No indication of the scroll lock or pause key being pressed, it's hard to tell if auto crossfades are activated without digging into a menu - that kind of thing.

I'd really love to see another module added that is basically a "show us the current state" module where you'd have icons that show what you've set up, basically bringing back a lot of the functionality that was lost when we moved to Skylight but being in a module, it's entirely optional to display so it keeps within the new "uncluttered workspace" paradigm that we're using now. Best of both worlds!

What do we all think? 

2015/04/01 03:19:39
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
sounds like a pretty reasonable request. i'm in  :-)
2015/04/04 23:11:11
gmp
Totally brilliant ideas. I'd love to see them implemented. It would remove many little headaches, enabling us to be more efficient.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account