2016/03/24 11:00:01
smoddelm
Anyone know of a MIDI drum plugin like the old Musiclab Slicy Drummer that will work in 64-bit Sonar?  I'm sure there's got to be a way to run it in 64-bit, since their DrumTools VST, which incorporates both it and Fill-in Drummer, will run in 64-bit, bit I can't figure it out.  I like the convenience of it when starting a new project - to be able to quickly access a variety of patterns while using the drum sampler of my choice (usually Battery 4).
2016/03/24 12:46:35
Sanderxpander
Not sure if you're aware but Addictive Drums comes with lots of midi loops.
2016/03/24 13:05:47
Zargg
As Sander says, AD2 (depending on SONAR version) ships with SONAR and have lots of MIDI loops. So does Session Drummer. You could save as a template (with drum vsti), and use as start for new projects. (You probably know, so sorry if obvious, but) SONAR also have a MIDI library that defaults to Cakewalk Content\MIDI Library (again depending on SONAR version).
All the best.
2016/03/24 17:33:49
smoddelm
Thanks for the replies.  As I said, I'm really looking for a MIDI-something like Slicy Drummer that can play ANY drum sampler (Battery, Kontakt or Dimension Pro with Kits loaded) - or even software synths.  (I've "written" some interesting things playing drum MIDI patterns through pitched synths.)  My favorite drum kits are in Battery, so I need something to run it for me.

The nice thing about Slicy Drummer is it gives a good visual of what the pattern is going to be, the patterns are nicely categorized, etc.  The GUI is a little outdated, but...

" />
I've always wondered how you are supposed to take a gigantic bundle of MIDI drum loops (I've bought quite a few) and figure out how to really sort through them and find something right for what you're working on.  Tips?

2016/03/24 18:33:29
gmon72
Cubase has something like this built in. I used to like slicy drummer.
2016/03/24 22:49:26
gmon72
If you want help in finding grooves EZ Drummer 2s tap to find is great and is simple to find related grooves.
2016/03/25 05:12:27
Glyn Barnes
Cakewalk's step sequencer with appropriate drum maps???
2016/03/25 06:53:12
pwalpwal
did anyone mention jamstix yet?
2016/03/25 07:19:10
TheSteven
Have you checked out
http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezplayer-pro/ ?

EZplayer pro is a MIDI organizer, multi track arranger and format conversion tool all rolled into one nifty piece of software that you can plug into any VST, Audio Unit or RTAS compatible master application.
With it you can convert between mapping formats and collect all your MIDI clips in one convenient location, the EZplayer pro browser. You can use EZplayer pro to preview those MIDI clips with your favourite drum sampler and drag and drop them directly into your host to construct your tracks.
2016/03/25 10:32:49
TheMaartian
You also might want to check out MeldaProduction's MDrummer. The Small version is free. The Large version looks pricey, but I've gotta believe that it goes on sale from time to time. MP do good work for not a lot of moolah.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MDrummer%20Small

This is for the large version, but it'll give you a good idea of its capabilities.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account