2016/03/26 05:46:43
Soundwise
Glyn Barnes
Cakewalk's step sequencer with appropriate drum maps???

^^This!
2016/03/26 13:53:44
sharke
Geist is an excellent pattern based drum machine which can either host (and process) it's own samples on multilayered pads, or output MIDI to drive another drum VST. It's on sale now.

Jamstix is an amazing program which creates very expressive and realistix drum MIDI. I hook it up to Battery 4, AD, Geist and Tremor with great success. Most people use it for "real" drum styles but I use it mostly for electro/techno styles. You can give it a basic MIDI pattern to work on as a style and it will apply human like variations and expression to it. So for example if you have a straight 4 to the floor house pattern with a snare on the 2nd and 4th beats Jamstix will add flourishes, fills and all kinds of groovy accents according to how you tweak its "style brain."
2016/03/27 00:12:34
TheSteven
The reason I had mentioned EZplayer Pro previously is OP had stated "I'm really looking for a MIDI-something like Slicy Drummer that can play ANY drum sampler (Battery, Kontakt or Dimension Pro with Kits loaded)"

Among other things EZPlayer is a tool you can use to convert to & from various Sampler/VST Drum synth MIDI formats.
Check the following link for more info.
http://www.timespace.com/product/EZPP-120/6/EZplayer/toontrack_ezplayer_pro_%28serial_download%29.html
Where you can also pick it up for £17.96 without VAT or little over $25
2016/03/27 10:55:06
TheMaartian
TheSteven
Check the following link for more info.
http://www.timespace.com/product/EZPP-120/6/EZplayer/toontrack_ezplayer_pro_%28serial_download%29.html
Where you can also pick it up for £17.96 without VAT or little over $25

Thanks for that, Mr. TheSteven!

EZplayer Pro was one of the few apps/plugins that I thought had a reasonable list price, one that reflected its real value. I almost bought it at list. VERY glad I waited! The exchange rate for me, via PayPay, worked out to US$26.06...a bargain!

The installation instructions for SONAR are a bit incomplete, but I was up and running in just a couple of minutes, no problemo!

EDIT: BTW, this being Sunday, and a holiday at that, I was pleasantly surprised with Time & Space. I received my serial number and download link within 5 minutes. IMPRESSIVE!
2016/03/28 09:45:52
BassDaddy
TheSteven
Have you checked out
http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezplayer-pro/ ?

EZplayer pro is a MIDI organizer, multi track arranger and format conversion tool all rolled into one nifty piece of software that you can plug into any VST, Audio Unit or RTAS compatible master application.
With it you can convert between mapping formats and collect all your MIDI clips in one convenient location, the EZplayer pro browser. You can use EZplayer pro to preview those MIDI clips with your favourite drum sampler and drag and drop them directly into your host to construct your tracks.

IMHO, EZ Player Pro is the most underrated plug in out there. Hope to see an update with EZ Drummer functions in it. Soon. 
2016/10/27 20:35:24
DayDay72
Nothing compares to Slicy/Fill in drummers.
they could take ANY midi drum map and work wonders with it, expexially the 'fill in'....it was pure Magic.
But MusicLab doesnt support it, yet their instruments are still based on that technology....If Only there was  64 bit midi wrapper.

Drum Tools (a MusicLab spin-off) works OK, but no mapping because you have to load the synth into DT...
I've tinkered with other products...NOTHING comes close to Slicy/Fill in....RIP Slicy/fill in!!!
2016/10/27 20:38:08
DayDay72
there may be a work around, using FL as a Vst or a rewire, and then using Slicy/Fill in inside of FL...I think that it still works on FL 32 bit, which wraps (via Jbridge) into a 64 compatible VSTi....

2016/10/27 22:18:48
Chandler
Jamstix will output midi to a drum sampler for you. You just make/choose a basic pattern and then let Jamstix add the fills, accents and feel. It works pretty well for me.
2016/10/27 22:18:48
Chandler
Jamstix will output midi to a drum sampler for you. You just make/choose a basic pattern and then let Jamstix add the fills, accents and feel. It works pretty well for me.
2016/10/28 10:27:48
DayDay72
Chandler

but its not hardly a replacement for slicy/fill in/drum tools.
I totally get what the OP is missing... I am missing the same thing.  I actually dug into MusicLab for not updating to 64 bit....They laughed me off of their site.....LOL
The mapping, triggering, instances was just crazy....The freehand tool was bananas, and made percussives awesome because you could manually give it a live feeling and save it very easily.
FWIW, I still use them in Sonar 32 bit.  And If I need to use it in a project, I dont have a problem doing the drums seperately...it takes a little off of the mix feel, but I can tweak the midi track once I get it back into Sonar 64 bit...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account