2013/01/06 01:37:18
Chadtindale
Hello,

I just got the sound center jumbo expansion with all 10 of the expansions. It's huge and very exciting. I love Sound Center and it's replacing Studio Instruments as my everything. With the exception of guitars and vocals, I'll be using it almost exclusively. But I've got some things I can't figure out about it. 

1) Can I rearrange it? 
The Sound Effects are in the Synth Category? That doesn't make sense. And several of the basses are in multiple areas, Some voices are mislabled or in places I'll never find them, and other synths have no sub-category and so must be found through looking at the complete list of synth voices I have (about 1,000). I would like to be able to create my own categories and sub categories and move the voices around in them without having to remember where the default location is. 

2) Can I change the default settings on individual voices? 
The "World instruments" expansion is fabulous except for the fact that everything is (volume wise) vastly lower than everything else in Sound Center. It's a huge problem when auditioning voices for a particular track. Or sometimes, I adjust a synth to get really interesting sound and would like to keep it that way without writing down the individual settings I've made for the track. 

Anyway, if you guys could help me with that, I'd never leave my computer for all the music I'd be making. I'm so excited about this that I can hardly stand it. It's spectacular. 
2013/01/09 07:55:20
Sidroe
Hi, chadtindale. Sound Center doesn't get too much attention around this forum. I only use it every once in a while myself. I don't think that development is going to continue on it because it is so stripped down and doesn't have a lot of control features. That being said, it could be a lot better than it is with a little effort from Cakewalk.
Now, Synth categorys. I don't know of any way to do that. I haven't heard of any way to do that.
Saving a patch. Top left hand corner of the sound center window. There is a small box called file. Click and it will allow you to save banks or instruments. I'm not sure but I am afraid sound center is like the Tts-1. You may have to load your bank or instrument manually everytime you you load the project. I have not heard of a way to change the default banks or instruments in either the sound center or the Tts-1.
Sorry, I can't be much help on your questions but like I said before, Cakewalk developed this piece of software just far enough to work well enough to make us wish they would go farther with it. 
2013/01/09 16:52:25
Chadtindale
Sid, thank you so much for replying. I was starting to think I was the only who uses it. At first I was very hung up on Studio instruments but just found it time consuming to have to set each instrument JUST the way I had it before. I had a whole note book loaded with settings. And even then I was having to add effects to make it sound like a real instrument. Granted... sound center isn't more authentic but it requires less time to get as good as it can. I really just love the variety of voices I'm given with it. It's a great leap over midi, and I grew up on Midi, so I'm kind of attached to it. I create loops with manual input and adjust them where they should vary. It's a slight bit time consuming but it suits me. I love Sound Center... it just gives me so many options.... Should I be looking at another instrument group? Another synth?
2013/01/10 10:20:34
Sidroe
Sorry it takes so long to get back to you. I stay busy in the studios and I don't check the instruments forum as much as the X2. I don't know if you have tried the Tts-1 but just to get up and running with some good quality sounds it is pretty good. It sounds better with a full project thru it than the individual instruments on their own sometimes. The pianos may not sound good alone but stick them in a mix and it sounds great-that type of trickiness to it. The problem I have had with sound center is the installation worked for the Steinway Grand but it only works in 32 bit, not the 64. I hope you have not had that problem.
Besides, the Tts-1 you would be hard pressed to beat Dimension Pro. The sounds are HUGE. The drawback is that only 4 instruments can be loaded at the time. Anymore than that and you have to open up another instance of it. Although, some people on here have said that they use nothing but Dim Pro. The more instances you add of any virtual synth is more CPU and RAM usage. 
I used Studio Instruments a few times. I believe if you check they have the same little file box to click and save your custom instruments. BTW, the SI Drums are very nice. I use Toontrack Superior and you have to go along way to beat it but I do slip in the SI drumkits from time to time. They hold up very well and dead easy to use.
Well, back to work. I hope to see you posting some songs in the forum here. I hope we cross paths again. Now, GO MAKE SOME MUSIC!
2013/01/10 12:32:38
AT
Sound Center seems to be a "greatest hits" preset player.  There is stuff from Rapture and Dimpro - exactly.  It is great fun to scroll and play.  But if you want to dig into the sounds you need the synths they are taken from.  I think that is the purpose for Sound Center other than another sound maker - to get you to buy the synths.

@
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account