2012/12/13 21:37:27
Scooter13
First and foremost...I am a newb to MC6 (Departing from Abelton....) I cannot figure out how to record music I am playing with a Sound Center soft synth? I am sure I am short-cutting something. I have had some success recording drum tracks with my Akai LPD8. But I somehow cannot not get it linked up to any other virtual instrument. Not that I would even want to because I am just trying to get some synth and string lines into a track....8 pads are pretty limiting on a keyboard track without knowing how to map my device. Can I do this via the keyboard? I out-putting this track via my Line 6 Pod output and the master, and can "hear" what I am playing, but when I arm the track and activate the global record....NOTHING records??? Looking for some help on what I am doing wrong. I am sure it must either be a midi input/output issue or audio versus midi thing... Very frustrating cause the Sound Center has some pretty cool instruments that SOUND amazing, but frustrating cause I can't get them into my song... Thanks
2012/12/14 00:39:48
AT
You need a midi keyboard to play like, well, a keyboard.  The pads are probably set to a drum key.

You can also "paint" notes in - at least in SONAR.  Don't know about MC6, tho I suppose it has some editing feature which would allow you to write in notes.

@
2013/01/06 21:31:30
Chadtindale
Yes, in MC6 (and 1-5 for that matter) you can paint notes in. 

Sound center works typically requires a midi controller to work. Either the midi controller in MC6 or on your keyboard. But wherever notes are entered, it's gotta be midi compatible. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account