2012/12/26 11:18:10
Desmond
Hey everyone! Just bought Dimension Pro and I really do love the samples, even though I've run into 2 of them that have slight clicking on a few of the notes. The program looks powerful, and there are a huge range of basses which is what I bought it for. Anyway, I was messing with the sounds, and I want to create some swelling orchestral parts, but I couldn't figure out how to adjust the attack and sustain of the patches. I checked around the forums and found a thread, but all the pictures and links used to help the OP were broken. They said to use an ADSR envelope. I've not the slightest idea of what that is. If somebody could give me a little walkthrough on how to adjust these parameters I would absolutely love that. Thanks!
2012/12/26 22:50:56
techead
Desmond,

ADSR = Attack Decay Sustain Release.  It is used to control some elements of the sound generation.  Dimension Pro's envelope system more flexible/capable than the traditional ADSR envelopes found on other synths, but you can make it work like one.

Could you reply back with the link to the thread you were referencing with the broken image links?  Those might have been on an old site that doesn't exist any more, but I might have copies of them.
2012/12/28 01:07:00
dubdisciple
Look in the area on the interface modulators. The "EG" on the left side stands for "envelope generator. If you have adjusted on envelopes on any synth, it is very similar. There is a very detailed instructional video on Dimension pro in the cakewalk store for only $4.99. if you got the $20 off promo, thsat means it is free wit h$15 left over: http://www.store.cakewalk...x?categoryID=44&cat=44
2013/01/01 22:03:17
swamptooth
you can also try using midi cc # 73 which will adjust the overall attack length.

from p.50 of the manual:

The following controllers are hard-wired:
CC7 = Volume
CC11 = Expression
CC64 = Sustain (can be enabled/disabled perelement
using display control)
CC66 = Sostenuto (can be enabled/disabled perelement
using display control)
CC73 = Global Amplitude Attack
CC72 = Global Amplitude Release

2013/01/05 11:42:56
maxsax
Thanks for the tips above.  Is there a way to set the depth parameter of a modulation  source other than scrolling through the numbers?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account