2012/12/31 18:16:27
dubdisciple
scook, sadly I suspect Pentagon is doomed to be a legacy synth. The only one of the old RGC synths Cakewalk has bothered updating is z3ta+. I think if they were going to update it or reboot it, the time would have been 4-5 years ago when it was still in wider use with more than just people who owned Sonar. Most of cakewalk synths are fo0rmerly commercial synths that have become non-viable economically to sell. Thus being a nice bonus for Sonar buyers but not worth spending money on developing. I think they should make the code open source and let someone release an update as a labor of love. Maybe have a contest.
2012/12/31 18:26:42
scook
Yeah, I don't hold any hope for pentagon, z3ta +2 was a pleasant surprise. Wonder how long before z3ta+2 replaces the original z3ta+ in SONAR.
2013/01/01 18:41:30
dubdisciple
When either A) they develop or license a popular synth they can sell successfully at full price to fill the slot z3ta+2 currently holds and/or B) z3t+2 becomes borderline obsolete. I'm not saying that as a complaint. They have to make money and it makes sense to bundle a great product when it has reached market saturation. The original z3ta+ is very capable still of being a primary synth and thus a great freebie .
2013/01/01 19:19:18
PopStarWannabe
scook
And pentagon also has the added feature of the Valley setting in the simulator. What a thrill when patches that use the simulator peg the output
I placed a limiter after Pentagon and the limiter shows a gain reduction of 640 !!! dB.
And not only the Valley Simulator patches cause this :(
2013/01/04 17:36:39
dubdisciple
Maybe i should go through all the patches and alter and save them as a default bank and make it available for download. You would think cakewalk staff would have done that by now considering how damaging 640db spikes could be
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account