2013/01/01 07:54:21
Brandon de Ashe
Before i complicate things by working on the same project on 2 seperate computers (due to logistical reasons) i wonderd if any of you actually do this without any problems.

I understand Bundle files and can see their value but in the following example they may not work.

I have MC6 set up on two PCs and i have a load of VSTs on each of the machines. If I transferred a normal work file from one PC to another the work file from PC1 would have the locations of the VSTs and the soft synths etc in a different location i.e. filepath to those on PC2 even though the same synths existed on both machines - just in different locations on the respective hard drives.

There is obviously going to be an issue here and i don't see that a bundle file could remedy this - am i right or am i thinking too negatively?

Many thanks and happy new year to all.

2013/01/01 12:37:58
jhughs
I'd say make the Bundle file and try it.  I'm pretty sure the file paths are saved with the software config and not with the project. 
2013/01/01 14:23:46
scook
The only issue you may have is if you create presets. Presets will need to be synced by hand. Also, if your software uses per-project folders, you might want to use those instead of bundles. Bundles will work but represent a very old way of sharing CW projects and are pretty much provided for backward compatibility. Using per-project folders you can copy the project easily at the OS level by copying the project directory or using the "Save As" function inside the DAW. The "Save As" function has the added benefit of only copying the wav files that are actually used in the project.
2013/01/01 14:59:26
AT
yea, per project folders, including audio and project file.  You can just copy the whole shebang between computers - just get a 16 gig thmb/key drive.

Any missing plugs will have a warning - the file paths for them shouldn't matter.

@
2013/01/01 17:13:44
Brandon de Ashe
Ok will give it a try cheers guys.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account