2013/01/06 22:59:23
dustinwhall
Hey guys I am trying to use dim pro to run 2 different sounds. So I load up my strings patch and record my part and everything is good. But then I try to open another instance of dim pro to run some drum sounds and x2 producer freezes up and I have to close the whole program and start over. So is there a way I can just add a other midi track and trigger 2 different patches from the same dim pro synth? I think I have read how to do this in the past but can't recall. Thanks in advance!
2013/01/06 23:15:13
techead
You can turn DimPro into a multi-timbral instrument (up to four parts) by clicking the second button in the group of four buttons at the top center of the application.  When in multitimbral mode each element is on a different MIDI channel (Element 1 on channel 1, Element 2 on channel 2, Element 3 on channel 3, and Element 4 on channel 4).  With multitimbral mode enabled you can then have one DimPro instance receiving MIDI data from four different MIDI tracks each sending on their own channel.

But multitimbral mode not the normal mode of operation and could cause issues if you want to run four parts but some of the patches you want to use are multi-element patches.  

You should be able to run numerous instances of Dimension Pro without crashes.  Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the particular drum patch you're wanting to use.  Try using a variety of different patches and see if they all do the same thing.
2013/01/06 23:31:19
dustinwhall
techead. I was thinking that it could be the drum file too, so i tried it on several different patches and as soon as i start recording it freezes X2 up and i have to control alt delete to end the program to restart, i was thinking it was buffer or something, but i am pretty sure i have a powerful enough system to handle it, and the crazy thing is dim pro the the only thing i have running in sonar. i am just getting into midi recording so i am all new to this.
2013/01/06 23:42:50
techead
Try increasing the size of the buffers, it will increase latency and worsen responsiveness, but at this point it is just an experiment.  You'll have to experiment to find the solution to what is causing the problem.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account