• Software
  • Best Drum Software for V-Drums (p.2)
2014/08/25 14:13:16
Mesh
If you decide to get Superior Drummer 2.0 (SD2) and are looking for an EZ upgrade path , I'm selling my copy of SD2 for quite cheap right here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=415604

2017/11/12 15:59:44
D Deboom
having the same problem with MIDI hi-hat tigger issues with TD 20. The hat is either open all the time or closed. 

2017/11/12 19:23:53
bapu
cclarry
Leadfoot
I'm really liking BFD3. They have a demo. Try it out!

Nothing compares right now to BFD 3 IMO...

Still true?
2017/11/12 20:38:04
BobF
EZD2 allows you to easily swap kit pieces between any of the kits you have installed.
2017/11/12 21:06:26
Jim Roseberry
FWIW, If you're looking for all the nuance you can get from a real hi-hat, you may not be completely satisfied by any sample library.  
If that's the case, consider recording acoustic cymbals using e-Drum pads for the drum sounds.
In this scenario, you can get by with a pair of well placed overheads.
A live example of this is TSO.  Sounds very good live or recorded.

2017/11/12 21:27:50
cclarry
bapu
cclarry
Leadfoot
I'm really liking BFD3. They have a demo. Try it out!

Still true?

No.  The advent of SD3 makes this statement obsolete, in more ways than 
one.
2017/11/12 23:36:04
bapu
cclarry

Still true?

IMO, most certainly is still true, I pretty much own them all, and I got Superior 3, but BFD3 still creams it IMO, sure SD3 has some nice stuff, but stuff like the drum replacement and the tap to find stuff like EZD2 had/has etc is of no interest to me, a few 'new' features have been available in BFD for 10 years, using own samples etc, BFD3 still has more built in FX (not that I use them much), but the main thing is the sound, the available kits etc (I have them all), but most importantly the sound, and for me BFD3 is still where it's at in that area, plus BFD3 is quite deep, a lot of people just skim the surface and miss a lot of what actually can be done, it takes time to learn it if you want to get the most out of it. For me Superior Drummer 3 is just sitting there on the hard drive collecting virtual dust just as SD2 did, I still await the day that something that eclipses BFD3, because that will be a great day.

2017/11/13 19:04:06
bapu
Matron Landslide
bapu
cclarry

Still true?

IMO, most certainly is still true, I pretty much own them all, and I got Superior 3, but BFD3 still creams it IMO, sure SD3 has some nice stuff, but stuff like the drum replacement and the tap to find stuff like EZD2 had/has etc is of no interest to me, a few 'new' features have been available in BFD for 10 years, using own samples etc, BFD3 still has more built in FX (not that I use them much), but the main thing is the sound, the available kits etc (I have them all), but most importantly the sound, and for me BFD3 is still where it's at in that area, plus BFD3 is quite deep, a lot of people just skim the surface and miss a lot of what actually can be done, it takes time to learn it if you want to get the most out of it. For me Superior Drummer 3 is just sitting there on the hard drive collecting virtual dust just as SD2 did, I still await the day that something that eclipses BFD3, because that will be a great day.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account