• The Archives
  • How Much Would You Pay For A 64bit Multi-Core Update
2014/03/12 05:02:04
CareyLetendre
If Cakewalk were to release a paid 64bit multi-core update to P5, how much would you pay?
2014/03/12 16:54:54
cryophonik
Honestly, I don't think I'd pay much for just that update since I've moved on long ago.  But, I'd easily pay $100 for an update that also included new features and enhancements, updated GUI, etc.  I'd love to see CW put together a new, improved P5v3 that could compete directly with Live and Bitwig.  A boy can dream, right?
2014/03/13 22:28:30
Chris in Indy
CareyLetendre
If Cakewalk were to release a paid 64bit multi-core update to P5, how much would you pay?

I would have been willing to pay two or three hundred dollars for a new version of P5. But I too have been forced to look beyond the P5 horizon. I still use it on almost a daily basis, for a quick and very convenient way of capturing an idea. I then port it over to XIII. It still works, but it worries me. Cake really missed the boat on this one.   
2014/03/17 20:48:32
kennywtelejazz
Chris in Indy
CareyLetendre

I would have been willing to pay two or three hundred dollars for a new version of P5. But I too have been forced to look beyond the P5 horizon. I still use it on almost a daily basis, for a quick and very convenient way of capturing an idea. I then port it over to XIII. It still works, but it worries me. Cake really missed the boat on this one.   

+1 ...
I still have an off line XP DAW …..that machine is sort of a time capsule  , so P 5 can Rewire into SONAR 6 PE ...
to this day I still use P5 and that machine all the time …..

I did load P5 on my Win... 8 64bit lap top ….
I'm actually surprised that P5 runs pretty good over there as a stand alone app.
I have X3 d PE on that machine ,  and Yeah SONAR has come a long way ……lots of amazing plugs and tools ….
Moneys always going out and it's tight  for me a lot of the times ...
I'll tell you this …if Cakewalk ever came up with a version of P5 64bit , and if that version unlocked all the plugs and jazz that came w X3 
I would gladly fork over the bucks ….and buy a version ...

Kenny

2014/03/24 21:47:01
Fog
you'd have more hope building a time machine.. it's not the coding the issue is with.. the support/maintenance attached to it is the real cost

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account