• SONAR
  • Delete marker - easiest way? (p.2)
2018/12/18 04:34:09
mudy
Very intuitive, the UI design has no knowledge on human computer interaction.

To delete marker you need to:
- find documentation, nothing in the documentation
- go to cakewalk docs website, and search, also nothing
- google "remove marker", then you can get here, and find that alt-shift-F4 to open marker view.

Cakewalk need to learn from Microsoft Office to make things easier for users. No one should read documentation and go to search engine to find how to delete markers, TL;DR. The context menu should handle it.
2018/12/20 20:40:09
gallaman
At one time I'm sure you could left-click and hold on the marker and press the delete key but that doesn't seem to work now. The documentation says it does.

Craig, with mucho respect for all you have done in this field and all I have learned from you over the years, I have to go with mudy on this one. Cakewalk/Bandlab put way too little energy into usability on a product that is so complex that usability design is way warranted.

I did exactly the same thing as the OP did that you dissed - I went straight to Google "sonar professional delete marker" and came straight here. Why? Because generally it's faster than looking it up in the documentation, which is actually very good even though it is wrong on this feature. I didn't even know there was a Markers View.

As a pro software engineer with decades of experience designing UIs, this sort of simple action can and should be very intuitive. Documentation should not even be necessary. So my 2¢, don't blame the messenger.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account