• Software
  • **Message from Don Williams - Overture 5 - Updated** (p.6)
2017/12/01 00:19:38
djwayne
Well it's working okay for me, but my gripe is that I can't access my East West Gold Symphonic Orchestra samples. I can locate my Ivory II piano samples in the browser, but can't play them. I've read that some sound sample programs will work with Oveture but not all....apparently they are still working on it and to expect it in the future, I don't know when though. It is a cool program, I imported a 5-6 track midi file and it plays it perfectly. I'm liking it !!!!
2017/12/01 01:44:21
cityrat
I should update that their support appears phenomenal.  Already an email from Don asking about the crashes. 
Also, after researching - I've changed my audio device to my RME ASIO and have had (as yet) zero crashes now (and I'm banging on it pretty hard).

2017/12/01 08:12:12
35mm
Again, a fantastic deal and great software. I have just purchased.
2017/12/01 09:28:22
Bassman002
HI:)

Great!! Just bought it:)

Thanks for this offer!
Bassman.

2017/12/01 18:12:57
ptheisen
I also wish to say thank you for the incredible price on this excellent software, I purchased it last night.

I just wish that even 50% of it had been integrated with Sonar before development was halted.

2017/12/01 18:51:10
TheMaartian
I got tired of the crashes and uninstalled. I never had v4, but picked this up some time ago when v5 was in beta. It's been one on-going crash fest. Now, I can't even get to the point where I can try it. It scans VSTs on startup and crashes during the scan.

Terrible.
2017/12/01 20:01:09
abacab
I am testing the demo today.  Setup audio with my ASIO device and it runs fine.

Scanned my VST2 folder and most of them were found OK.

The GM player works well, and Overture does a very nice job of importing MIDI files.  I have a few GM oldies on my drive that imported into a score easily.

I also tried replacing the GM player instruments in a song with SampleTank 3 instruments.  You can create a multi in ST3 with the instruments loaded that you want, then go through your track list in Overture and assign the output devices to ST3.  Select 'Software Instrument' as a new instrument output for the first track.  Then when adding additional tracks be sure to select 'Existing Instrument', otherwise a new instance of ST3 will be used.  Line up your MIDI channels in both and off you go! 

I think I am going to get this! 
2017/12/01 20:38:27
abacab
I did it!  I'm in! 
2017/12/01 21:52:28
TheMaartian
I managed to get all of my VST2 plugins scanned without a crash. Gonna just forget about VST3s for the time being. Time to play.
2017/12/02 04:45:39
abacab
No crashes here.  The more I explore this program, the more I like it.  Thanks for the great deal!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account