• Software
  • **Message from Don Williams - Overture 5 - Updated** (p.7)
2017/12/02 04:50:29
Studioguy1
Purchased Overture 5 this afternoon.  Impressive little program.  Watched a youtube tute on it and it looks pretty darn logical to me.  Sure like the fact that I can literally perform right into the notation window.  I am not a step person, but one who finds better creative ideas on the fly.  Hard to believe that Cakewalk nixed the opportunity to incorporate this into Platinum.  Geez.  Thank you for the opportunity.
2017/12/02 15:32:59
Karyn
FCCfirstclass
Karyn
To the end of the year.

Karyn, not to pic a nit, but Don had typed December 1 as the end date.   Are you sure it goes to Dec 31?  
Thanks,
Clint

Ok,  I've spoken to Don and the original offer was set to one week. (so would end Tuesday) but he's been surprised and pleased by the response and will confirm soon when the actual end date is going to be.

So it may last longer, or it may not..  a great offer either way.
2017/12/02 16:14:20
kitekrazy1
Anyone remember when you got Overture SE when you bought GPO2?  It was great back then.  I have Finale and Notion.  I really don't need another notation program.
2017/12/02 16:54:57
abacab
kitekrazy1
Anyone remember when you got Overture SE when you bought GPO2?  It was great back then.  I have Finale and Notion.  I really don't need another notation program.

Try the demo.  This is not just another notation program.  It's great MIDI editor too!
2017/12/03 21:47:54
michael diemer
Any thoughts on how it sounds, versus Sonar and other big name DAWS? If the sound is as good, this could be the solution for notation based DAW users There actually are such creatures. The info aways back that EWSO woujldn't work is discouraging, though, as well as the folks who are reporting crashes.
2017/12/03 23:51:18
jbow
I’d like to know for sure when the sale ends. I like it but it would be better for me if I can wait until closer to the end of December. I’m guessing it will work with Studio One too. I watched a couple of videos and it looks very good! Their Notion is $149.00..
EDIT... never mind. At this price and the quality of this program and considering my memory, I just bought. No-Brainer is Right. $50, yep!
Thank you SO much for this!
Julien
2017/12/04 06:27:38
Amicus717
Has anyone had issues with the gain sliders for the tracks in Overture? I have been struggling with this program all day: I have noticed that when I use the orchestral template, I get buggy behavior with the gain sliders. At random, some of the tracks will set themselves to zero gain. When I try to correct this, and slide them up, other tracks will suddenly drop to zero. When I go to fix the track that dropped to zero, the track I just fixed will drop back to zero. And around it goes. I can't get these arrangements to play correctly, and the instruments inevitable end up out of balance with each other and I can't hear what is going on. 

I tried this in any number of settings -- the built in orchestral template, my own template that I built, even a small score with two parts -- a cello line and a viola line. Same behavior - one slider sits at zero, and if I adjust it, the other slider drops to zero, and if I fix that, the first one drops back to zero, on and on....ugh...

I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled. Did not help. 

Very frustrating! I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this behavior...

I should mention, I'm using build 5.5.1-4

2017/12/04 18:09:49
SigiZ58
Just had to learn my lesson (once more).
Pulled the Trigger as the Reviews were good. Just downloaded and wanted to install.
But i realized after some klicks, that it is obvious not possible to change the Installation path.  I thought "Is this a joke?" and tried again, but I found no Options. Now I know why I should have Chosen at first the demo.

Sorry, but no matter what this Software is able to do, not beeing able to choose another installation path then "c:\program files" is ridiculous. Please tell me I overlooked someting, but if this true, the Software will go to the trash.

Please tell me I am wrong with this :-)
2017/12/04 19:19:26
35mm
SigiZ58
Just had to learn my lesson (once more).
Pulled the Trigger as the Reviews were good. Just downloaded and wanted to install.
But i realized after some klicks, that it is obvious not possible to change the Installation path.  I thought "Is this a joke?" and tried again, but I found no Options. Now I know why I should have Chosen at first the demo.

Sorry, but no matter what this Software is able to do, not beeing able to choose another installation path then "c:\program files" is ridiculous. Please tell me I overlooked someting, but if this true, the Software will go to the trash.

Please tell me I am wrong with this :-)

It takes up 15MB of disk space! If that is too much for you then just move it to another drive and point a sym link at it.

2017/12/04 19:24:22
abacab
Amicus717
Has anyone had issues with the gain sliders for the tracks in Overture? I have been struggling with this program all day: I have noticed that when I use the orchestral template, I get buggy behavior with the gain sliders. At random, some of the tracks will set themselves to zero gain. When I try to correct this, and slide them up, other tracks will suddenly drop to zero. When I go to fix the track that dropped to zero, the track I just fixed will drop back to zero. And around it goes. I can't get these arrangements to play correctly, and the instruments inevitable end up out of balance with each other and I can't hear what is going on. 

I tried this in any number of settings -- the built in orchestral template, my own template that I built, even a small score with two parts -- a cello line and a viola line. Same behavior - one slider sits at zero, and if I adjust it, the other slider drops to zero, and if I fix that, the first one drops back to zero, on and on....ugh...

I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled. Did not help. 

Very frustrating! I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this behavior...

I should mention, I'm using build 5.5.1-4

Have you tried their support forum yet?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account