• Software
  • **Message from Don Williams - Overture 5 - Updated** (p.8)
2017/12/04 19:25:32
abacab
35mm
SigiZ58
Just had to learn my lesson (once more).
Pulled the Trigger as the Reviews were good. Just downloaded and wanted to install.
But i realized after some klicks, that it is obvious not possible to change the Installation path.  I thought "Is this a joke?" and tried again, but I found no Options. Now I know why I should have Chosen at first the demo.

Sorry, but no matter what this Software is able to do, not beeing able to choose another installation path then "c:\program files" is ridiculous. Please tell me I overlooked someting, but if this true, the Software will go to the trash.

Please tell me I am wrong with this :-)

It takes up 15MB of disk space! If that is too much for you then just move it to another drive and point a sym link at it.

Excellent suggestion!  But 15 MBs shouldn't be an issue on modern computers.  Disk drives are cheap today, too!
2017/12/04 20:00:24
Amicus717
abacab

Have you tried their support forum yet?

I have, and they seemed to confirm it is a bug of some kind. Their support folks could replicate the issue. The latest post says they have made a change to deal with the issue and will make the updated release available today.
2017/12/04 20:32:54
abacab
Good to know, thanks!
2017/12/04 21:07:08
Amicus717
Yeah, I was pretty pleased at the fast response and resolution. I emailed their support folks last night, and got a response this morning before I even started work. 

This is great software -- I find Overture 5 really intuitive, with a fast workflow. So it's nice to know they are aggressive in supporting it.
2017/12/04 21:31:42
SigiZ58
15Mb is not the Point. What is the Problem to ask for configurable Installation Folder like every Software is able to deliver ? I dont understand how this issue can be accepted by anyone.

Nowadays it is not acceptable to hardlink "c:\program files"
This was not valid 20 years ago also.

I guess the one or other Person might think the same way.

Peace :-)

2017/12/05 10:54:40
subtlearts
Any news on the official end of this promotion? Midnight tonight? Kinda hoping for an extension as I am demo-ing multiple things at this point and deciding where to put my limited dinero for the month. I like the look of it so far but I'm trying to gauge what I "need" the most, or the least-not-desperately, as it were...
2018/11/14 21:20:01
dnstall
I have my original Cakewalk Overture 2 disc which has the cd key on the back but I forgot the s/n and can not load it onto my virtual machine without the s/n or a whole new set of numbers. How can I fix this I really liked Overture 2 and don’t have the money to buy a newer version....
2018/11/14 22:32:42
JonD
dnstall
I have my original Cakewalk Overture 2 disc which has the cd key on the back but I forgot the s/n and can not load it onto my virtual machine without the s/n or a whole new set of numbers. How can I fix this I really liked Overture 2 and don’t have the money to buy a newer version....

Have you logged into your CW online account (under "My Products") to see if it's listed there?  It's a long shot with  older products -- but hey, you might get lucky.
2018/11/14 23:04:20
dnstall
Yes it was not there
2018/11/16 02:22:55
abacab
Since Cakewalk went out of business last year, you may want to contact Don at Overture to see if he will accommodate you with a crossgrade deal.  His original Cakewalk crossgrade offer has been expired for quite a while, but you may be able to work something out as a former Overture user.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account