2018/11/09 19:00:01
Starise
I'm fairly certain that SC takes whatever you give it and makes it a 128 mp3 for streaming.I believe I read that on their site. Exposure is a prime consideration. Soundclick and Bandcamp seem more "buried" on the back shelf with respect to the web. If you aren't tied into a decent search engine somewhere non one at all will hear the music.

While I think all of them are basically musician clubs with occasional non musician listeners, some fare better than others. Some would say SC isn't really that out here either. It probably isn't when compared to YouTube. I've been slow to move my music to YT, but it's probably a really good call if you're looking for exposure. YouTube is the new go to for most younger music listeners and a bunch of older ones too. If you are good on camera, have a likeable personality and something to offer you can really get good exposure there.

Reverbnation has way too much candy for me in terms of stuff musicians can spend money on and never see a return from any of it. I'm signed onto it, but haven't been there in ages. Too depressing. I guess if your a band or act travelling and have a fan base it's a much better thing because you can give a shout out to the followers, sell CDs etc. You could probably do the same things without them.
2018/11/09 19:36:36
Wayfarer
YouTube is my primary music outlet on the web. It's a shame they did away with the "video response" feature they had years ago. You used to be able to leave a video response to a popular video and get a ton of views to your own in the process. Those were the days. Now it's very hard to get any attention. I saw the other day that Doyle Dykes still only has about 2,500 subscribers after 10 years.
2018/11/09 19:44:00
Starise
Yes a few of the YT benefits seem to either be waning or have already waned. I remember when you could watch YT all day and never get a commercial. Then the commercials began. Then the forced ads. Now I get a pop up that wants me to subscribe to YT so I won't get  ads. I think I seen the same ad last night 10 different times. 
I already pay for cable TV , then cable TV has ads, then I watch YouTube and get more ads. A typical TV show is only 15 minutes of programming in a 30 minute show.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account