• Software
  • Anyone hoping to get Komplete Collectors Edition on black friday?
2018/11/11 08:27:41
ØSkald
Well I have the money, and I think the full version of the orchestra is good.
But I am still in the thinking box.
I have not earn any money on music the last forever..
So it is not logical to do.
But we all know.
We have to chase the dragon.
Just the next ____ will fix it all.

Wow this sounds like a coffy chat and not a serial talk about the good Komplete Collectors Edition.

So what do you guys seriously think about it?

For me I can get this cheaper than the orchestral upgrade.
"Just" 599,00 €...
An upgrade from Komplete Ultimate 10 (As an owner of KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE Crossgrade you qualify to install and activate this version.)
I have Ultimate 11.

2018/11/11 12:26:56
msmcleod
I've got Komplete 11 - I've looked at Ultimate & Collectors, but can't really justify it. 

Apart from not really needing the extra content, the big thing for me is the cost of the upgrade in the future. 

The upgrade to Komplete 12 is £150 - which is fine. But if I had ultimate, it would be £470 which is way too much.

So for me, it's not just justifying whether I need the extra content, it's justifying the vastly increased upgrade cost every time.
2018/11/11 13:08:03
TheSteven
Not in my budget for BF.
I picked up Komplete 11 Ultimate upgrade for around $167 (£121.04) last June when NI had their annual mark down.
I'll have to see what the price for the Collectors ed upgrade is in their Summer '19 mark down and see if the price difference is warranted/affordable.
2018/11/11 14:38:49
ØSkald
Truly sane words from you both.
It is alott of money.

For me, I use the Symphony Series some.
It woild be great go get more articularions on the instruments/sections.

But as you say.
It is alott of money..
Even if I plan to not upgrade it anymore after buying that.

I dont se the point of upgrading from Ultimte 11 to 12 ether.
I just want the Symphony Series part.
But if there is better and chiper alternatives, I wil consider that instead.
2018/11/11 15:47:20
bitflipper
ØSkald
...So it is not logical to do...

Don't muddy the waters by bringing logic into the equation. GAS is OCD. Logic doesn't enter into it.

The real question is: how much fun can you buy for 599,00 €? Is there perhaps somewhere else where you might find a better cost:fun ratio?

If more articulations is your motivation, consider buying into a different franchise altogether and layering another vendor's instruments with what you've already got. Spitfire would be a good place to start.

2018/11/11 17:08:48
ØSkald
bitflipper
ØSkald
...So it is not logical to do...

Don't muddy the waters by bringing logic into the equation. GAS is OCD. Logic doesn't enter into it.

The real question is: how much fun can you buy for 599,00 €? Is there perhaps somewhere else where you might find a better cost:fun ratio?

If more articulations is your motivation, consider buying into a different franchise altogether and layering another vendor's instruments with what you've already got. Spitfire would be a good place to start.

Thanks.

Is that what the Hollywood writers use mostly?

Yeah it would be nice to have something great.
I love the NI because the integration of the Komplete Keyboard.
But i bet another "better" sounding orchestral bank would be as good. I dont use the display on those sounds anyways. Just the expression and articulation change on the keyboard.

Will look for this now...
2018/11/11 20:06:02
Makzimia
I paid £440.00 for upgrade to collectors. Haven't installed it yet, looking forward to it though. Once my studio is setup again.... joys of moving countries... again :-/.

2018/11/11 21:45:20
Glyn Barnes
ØSkald

Yeah it would be nice to have something great.
But i bet another "better" sounding orchestral bank would be as good. I dont use the display on those sounds anyways. Just the expression and articulation change on the keyboard.

Will look for this now...
There are a lot of third party NKS compatible libraries for Kontakt and even EastWest libraries and its Play software are NKS now.
2018/11/12 14:11:15
Michael A.D.
I rather doubt NI will be having a Black Friday sale on Komplete 12 - it's too new for a BF sale. 
Most likely you would need to wait for a summer '19 sale.
2018/11/12 16:26:03
bitflipper
ØSkald
Is that what the Hollywood writers use mostly?

Although Spitfire and VSL are popular among that crowd, I've never heard of any professional scorers who use just one library exclusively. Most are collectors who've assembled a huge variety of libraries and routinely mix and match them. They, however, can justify an investment of many thousands of dollars because those instruments are the tools of their trade. Most of us can't do that.

You'll find that the majority of newer registered Kontakt titles are NKS-compliant, including Spitfire's. By "registered" I mean they're paying fees to NI so that you can use them with the free player (which also makes the products more expensive to the consumer). I have yet to see an NKS-compliant library that requires full Kontakt to run, which I'm guessing is an NI-enforced policy. Just plan on that NI keyboard integration to cost extra, regardless of which vendors you choose.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account