2012/12/25 14:00:04
TotallyRandomPlan
Hi folks, Tiny problem here: I'm using SD2 in Sonar X1 LE. I loaded a pattern and a drum kit, I drag-and-dropped the midi into a track. Then when I hit play it doesn't play all of the notes. The Hihat is supposed to play eights all the way but ist just stops after three eights an only bass and snare go on. All the eights appear in pianoroll view on the F#3 button and when I'm playing the rhythm in the SD2-window it works, but when I hit play in Sonar, it doesn't. The hihat-symbol doesn't light up during the missing eights either. I have similar problems with other rhythms and kits. Instruments just stop going on. Sorry for bothering you with weird description of a tiny problem but I'm just starting out using sonar and this thing has been bothering me all day now. Any help appreciated, Merry christmas, Peter
2012/12/25 22:01:57
RobertB
Welcome, Peter.
This is a fairly common problem for new users. It often has to do with the clock in the factory sound card, which I have to assume you are using.
Sonar defaults to WDM driver mode, and some cards don't handle it well.
Some things to try:
Increase the latency.
Change to a different driver mode (MME or WASAPI) Do not select ASIO. Built in cards do not support it.
Try increasing the MIDI Prepare buffer. The default is 250. A higher value may help.
Best option-invest in an audio interface. This will be around $200+, but will be well worth it.

2012/12/26 04:31:54
TotallyRandomPlan
Thank you Robert! Setting the latency up did the trick. I am actually using my Boss BR-80 digital recorder as an audio interface, X1 LE came with it. Now what SD2 and Sonar are supposed to do for me is giving me the opportunity to program the drums to fit my songs. Getting a SD2-Pattern to run was the first step, I guess the next will be the purchase of a Midi Controller Keyboard of some sort. Anyway thanks again! You made my Boxing Day :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account