2012/12/26 12:41:03
yauluhim
Hi everyone! :) First time poster here. Bought Dimension pro yesterday and i'm very excited with it. I do have a problem understanding the detune effect. The way i'm used to using it is where the synth has one knob called "Detune". You twist it and Voila - extra fat to your sounds (like in Sylenth for example). With Dim pro though, I cant seems to grasp the usage. I understand the left and right knobs detune the sound in the respective channels, but it doesnt do anything to the sound. Then i read in the Help that i need to play with the Depth and Freq knobs of the LFO but that only gives the sound a wobbling pitch, and it dosnt sound thicker what so ever. So can anyone help a noob understand how to use the effect? Thanks! :) EDIT: I have no idead why the message came out looking like that. I pressed enter for a new paragraph...
2012/12/29 13:15:41
b rock
As you've discovered, there's no front panel detune parameter in DP, unlike - for example - Multi in Rapture (multiple detuned and panned oscillators with variable depth).  You can do that in Dimension Pro with the assistance of an .sfz script.  But this is the simplest way that I can think of:

- Load up the 13 - Leads - Saw Lead program (as one example).
- Click on E1, and notice that the Tune parameter value is 0.
- Click on E2.  The Tune parameter is set to 7 (seven cents "detuned" from E1).
- Adust the Tune parameters in either (or both) E1 and E2 for varying detuning depths.

By right-clicking, copying, and pasting Elements (E1 and E2 to E3 and E4), you can increase the "thickness" with more oscillators.  Change the Tune parameter in each Element.  Use the Element Pan knobs at the bottom to spread out the detuned Elements and widen the effect.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account