• Cakewalk Instruments
  • What is the default location for Digital sound factory (world instrument) wav and sfz file
2012/12/29 09:32:53
Fred Holmes
I just tried to install Digital sound factory world instruments but cannot locate the files.  there was no dialog box to select a file location. I have all other DSF files on an external drive which is where I wanted to put the World Instruments files.  So the files are somewhere on  my C drive and I figured I could just move he wav and sfz files but can't find them  Any ideas where they went (on a default install)?  Thanks,  Fred 

EDIT-They do appear in Cakewalk Sound center but I want them in DimPro with my other DSF files
2012/12/29 10:35:51
DeeringAmps
They should have installed in your DimPro "Multisamples" folder.
Hit F5 with the Dimpro Browser open, DimPro should then find them.

HTH,

Tom
2012/12/29 13:28:18
Fred Holmes
That's just the problem - the installer gave me no chance (I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times) to select a location so it dumped the wav files into:
  C:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\cakewalk sound center\modules\multisamples\dimension pro\DSF World Instrument Samples.

My normal DimPro samples are ln S:\Dimension Pro\multisamples with both wav and SFZ files in their appropriate locations. This includes 3 earlier Digital sound Factory sets
I can create a directoru and move the wav files but I can't even find the .sfz files that go with the World Instruments.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Fred
2012/12/29 15:10:50
timswartz
Hi Fred,

I think you are trying to install a Cakewalk Sound Center expansion Pack into Dimension. Sound Center and Dimension do not share the same program format, although it is possible to load Sound Center SFZ files to Dimension by dragging them on to the Dimension player and then saving as a program.
The Sound Center version of DSF World Instruments is a scaled down version of Old World Instruments available for Dimension LE/Pro.

Best Regards,

Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2012/12/29 16:45:37
Fred Holmes
Hi Tim,
That's probably the answer. I'll look around for the full World Instrument DimPro version,
Thanks
Fred
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account