2017/10/29 18:25:33
synkrotron
Not sure how many peeps have tried Thorn yet. I bought it last week.

Today I noticed a couple of issues. First, if the noise generator was switched on in a preset, and I turned it off, saved the project. When I reopened that project the noise generator was switched back on again. And if you changed the D slider in the Amp ADSR control, it linked to the R slider and you then had to put the R slider back where you wanted it.

So I checked out the Thorn product page and there was an updated installer, so I duly downloaded and installed.

Those issues have been fixed. Also, there is now an "Intermediate" GUI size, which is nice.

http://dmitrysches.com/products/thorn

cheers

andy
2017/10/30 12:31:21
Bajan Blue
Thanks Andy - didn't see this - I've used Thorn on two projects already - I like it a lot - how you getting on with it
Nigel

2017/10/30 12:40:27
synkrotron
Hi Nigel

I'm enjoying Thorn so far... Still very much in the experimental stage playing around with the presets.

I personally think it's a bargain at the moment... Three oscs and a noise generator... Lots of ways to mess with wave forms and some great modulation options.

Cheers

andy
2017/11/03 19:11:08
Mitch_I
I think I've found a Sonar-related problem in Thorn.

I found that when I was recording with it, I got duplicate notes. I checked the Insert Soft Synths Options dialog and found that "Enable MIDI Output" was checked by default. When I initiated Thorn with this option unchecked, I got no duplicate notes.

In the Sonar 2701.01 update notes, I found this:

"Enable MIDI Output no longer displays in the Default Soft Synth Options. This depends on the synth and cannot be configured as a default but previously appeared as an option."

Does this point to a problem with Thorn's implementation?

Is anybody else seeing this?

Mitch I.
2017/11/03 19:25:28
Bajan Blue
I hadn't noticed this problem and I have recorded a few bits with Thorn  - I'll have a look over the weekend and see if this is a problem for my set up
Nigel

2017/11/03 23:03:06
gustabo
Thorn is up to v1.0.3 now
2017/11/04 04:32:27
synkrotron
Thanks Bob
2017/11/04 15:22:18
Mitch_I
I've tried some more things, and I can revise my original post.

Thorn isn't my only synth that defaults to "Enable MIDI Output" checked. But it's the only one that records duplicate notes when I leave it checked.  I'm using Thorn 1.0.3.

Is anybody else seeing this?
2017/11/04 16:54:03
synkrotron
Hiya Mitch,

I tried some recording of MIDI on V1.01 and, yes, that did double up on notes. Also, because I had another instance of Thorn, with a MIDI track, and the notes on that track were recorded onto the one armed for recording. Enable MIDI Output was ticked.

I then updated to V1.03 and all seems okay now, even with Enable MIDI Output ticked.
2017/11/04 22:06:12
Mitch_I
Synkrotron,

Thanks for the input. Seems strange that v1.0.3 solved it for you but not for me.

Mitch
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account