2017/11/06 22:05:42
JohnEgan
Good Day,

Anyone having any issues with VST 3 installation location, The standalone program works OK, I dont seem to get Ozone 8 (full) to show up in my in VST3 FX list or plugin manager, although individual VST-3 modules are there, (also my Ozone 7 is there OK)
It comes up in my VST2 FX list if I choose to install them,  but not VST3  

If I look in Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Izotope, the dll files are there, if put this reference location in vst scan list I get all kinds of errors come up during scan?

I reached out to Izotope but only suggest reinstall and references below in scan list which I have already had, doesn't help either 

3. Under VST Scan Paths, if they are not already there, click the ‘Add’ button to add the following paths as desired:
64-bit: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins
32-bit: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins
VST3: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins

2017/11/06 22:19:48
cclarry
Don't look for "Izotope" in the title.
It just shows as "Ozone 8" rather than
"Izotope Ozone 8".  Previous versions
show up with the "Izotope" in the title,
but not Ozone 8.  Just a possibility. I thought
it wasn't installed also when I couldn't find it
with the others...but it was there
2017/11/07 16:00:29
thepianist65
I can't fine mine, either, and I have scanned all VST folders on my computer, and the .dll's are definitely there, but not showing up in Sonar. VST2 works fine. 
2017/11/07 16:21:13
thepianist65
Got it, finally, had to move all my related dll's and vst3 extensions from the Common Files folder to the Steinberg/vst3/izotope folder, including related dll's and then they scanned and showed up. whew.

2017/11/07 21:57:09
JohnEgan
thepianist65
Got it, finally, had to move all my related dll's and vst3 extensions from the Common Files folder to the Steinberg/vst3/izotope folder, including related dll's and then they scanned and showed up. whew.

Great thanks Ill give it a try, weird though Ill send issue to Izotope

Cheers
2017/11/08 00:02:50
JohnEgan
thepianist65

OK that didnt work for, actually I dont have a folder in c:/program files/Steinberg/vst3/izotope it only goes as far as Steinberg/VstPlugins  no /vst3/izotope  Did you create that yourself? 
2017/11/08 00:35:52
bwbalint
I seem to recall that Sonar had a similar issue not finding the Ozone8 VST3 plugins.  When I originially installed them, I checked only to install the VST3 version.  Sonar couldn't find them, but I could on a file search.  So I went back and installed all versions.  Sonar then found them all easily.  
2017/11/08 11:19:53
JohnEgan
bwbalint
I seem to recall that Sonar had a similar issue not finding the Ozone8 VST3 plugins.  When I originially installed them, I checked only to install the VST3 version.  Sonar couldn't find them, but I could on a file search.  So I went back and installed all versions.  Sonar then found them all easily.  

Yea, that's exactly what I did, (didn't want all the duplicated VST2,and other files) and your solution is what Izotope support suggested I do, except it still doesn't work/see the VST3's after plugin scan  (but the files are in common files folder) Im still using Sonar 2017.06, and Win7, Im going to try newer Sonar version to see if that helps.
Are you on Win10?

Thanks for your time and advice.
Cheers  
2017/11/08 13:46:01
bwbalint
I do have Win10 and the latest incarnation of Sonar Plt. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I do seem to recall finding the location of the VST 3’s, and specifically adding that to the plugin manager’s places to scan before I reinstalled them. I may now go back and clean up the VSt2’s I don’t need and see how that works. Good luck!
2017/11/09 21:29:17
thepianist65
I don't think I created the folder, but I did have to put all the .dll's and .vst's in the common files folder into the Steinberg/VST3/Izotope and it then worked fine. Don't know why...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account