• Software
  • IZOTOPE O8N2 VST 3 Issues? (p.2)
2017/11/10 10:28:40
pwalpwal
is steinberg creating its own vst3 folder? because they shouldn't be! on windows it's a "common" system folder, and should be located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 (on win10 x64) - you shouldn't be given any choice where to install vst3 plugins
i don't have steinberg software installed, but izotope plugs (and others) installed there (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3) without any prompting from me, and happily play with both sonar and studio one, i wonder if it's a registry key pointing to the vst3 folder that gets changed by the steinberg installer?
2017/11/11 04:41:02
JohnEgan
pwalpwal
is steinberg creating its own vst3 folder? because they shouldn't be! on windows it's a "common" system folder, and should be located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 (on win10 x64) - you shouldn't be given any choice where to install vst3 plugins
i don't have steinberg software installed, but izotope plugs (and others) installed there (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3) without any prompting from me, and happily play with both sonar and studio one, i wonder if it's a registry key pointing to the vst3 folder that gets changed by the steinberg installer?

Hi, No there's no Steinberg VST3 path created, if I use plugin scan path  C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Izotope I get all kinds of Izotope scan errors though. 
2017/11/11 05:52:57
pwalpwal is correct, you shouldn't get a choice where to install the VST3 version, it should install automatically into Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Izotope, I never had an issue with O8, but I rarely use Platinum, but no issues with Studio One 3 Pro and REAPER, I'll go and fire up Platinum and have a look see.

I'm on Windows 10, but it's no where near up to date as I have Windows updates disabled. brb
2017/11/11 05:58:34
scook
JohnEgan
 if I use plugin scan path  C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Izotope I get all kinds of Izotope scan errors though.

Do not explicitly add "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Izotope" to the scan path. SONAR should already have "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" in the scan path. Never add folders below an existing scan path entry. It can cause problems for the scanner.
2017/11/11 05:58:38
Yeah no problems with Platinum, latest version 2017-10. O8A and N2A and the rest of the Izotope stuff scans and shows up both VST2 and VST3 versions.

2017/11/11 09:13:07
pwalpwal
yeah i have "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" and "C:\VST64" only, and no problems here
2017/11/11 12:18:35
JohnEgan

JohnEgan
 if I use plugin scan path  C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Izotope I get all kinds of Izotope scan errors though.

Do not explicitly add "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Izotope" to the scan path. SONAR should already have "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" in the scan path. Never add folders below an existing scan path entry. It can cause problems for the scanner.

OK thanks, Yea I figured out not to put common file reference in scan path, lol (I seem to have to see Melodyne studio as a plugin?) but I had seem to need to add folders below scan paths (x86)/steinberg/ for some plugins to see them as VST3 in scan utility, I think Ive messed up all kinds. LOL 

Let me ask this, what are the consequences of resetting the scan paths in plugin utility, and what scan paths should typically be in scan path? 
(FYI I am using Win7x64, and still using Sonar 2017.06.) 
2017/11/11 12:48:13
pwalpwal
mine look like this:

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account