2012/10/02 17:57:46
Rain
And so it finally happened to me as well - started having issues w/ Zeta. Reloaded a Logic project w/ Zeta in it and got this high pitch noise which wouldn't stop unless I bypassed the instrument or muted the track.

Removed Zeta and re-inserted it - same issue. 

So basically, any project w/ a non-rendered Zeta track has to be re-worked w/ a different synth until Cakw comes up w/ a patch to fix the numerous issues on Mac OS.

Btw, that's on Snow Leopard, using Logic 9.1.7.  

2012/10/02 21:24:29
Starise
 Sorry to hear of your problems with Zeta. I'm sure they will eventually get it sorted out ,I know thats a small consolation for you right now. After having a problem tonight with installing Rapture I can understand the frustration with the expectation for something to work and it doesn't. Fortunately after listening to some advice on the forum I was able to get it working.

I wonder if a reboot would help the issue. I have only limited experience with macs. I hope somebody jumps in here and lends you a hand.
2012/10/03 00:43:20
Rain
Thanks Starise - rebooting didn't seem to help, but I have a few other things I want to try.

Yet, it's very annoying to say the least to have this loud hi pitch noise anytime you load a project in which there was an instance of Zeta. I've learned quickly to turn the volume down on my hardware before I load any project.
2012/10/09 04:34:59
Mystic38
@rain..
fwiw when i launch z3ta standalone (pc) i occasionally get a high pitched buzz/noise.. i discovered it goes away when i reset the audio settings to something else, and back again..  its worth a waste of a minute to check :)
2012/10/10 16:49:56
Rain
Thanks, I'll try this. :)
2012/10/18 01:22:34
Rain
Tried the workaround - doesn't seem to work for me. 

Not that it doesn't do anything, mind you - the noise goes from being "panned" hard right to being present in both monitors and back and forth, according to the buffer size I chose.
I've also tried the VST version in Studio One - simply inserting the synth gets me that loud shrieking noise upon insertion.

To sum it up - I cannot use it at all, nor Audio Unit, nor VST, not in Logic, not in Cubase, not in Studio One, neither in new projects, neither in older ones.

I'm very disappointed to say the least - I'd understand Cakewalk not having tested the most recent version of OSX, but Snow Leopard isn't exactly new.

No more Cakewalk synths for me until they fix this one, if ever - which sucks because I really wanted to get Rapture.

EDIT - Problem reported to Cakewalk, btw. :)
2012/10/25 01:28:23
Rain
Update - support got back to in a timely manner - kudos Cakewalk - and suggested that I do a clean install.  Which works - for now. 

I'm just anxious to see if it'll keep on working, because, if I understand correctly, two of the files that get generated when the trial expires may cause issues. However, since I never ran Z3ta in demo mode and authorized it as soon as I installed it, it seems odd that the demo period related bug would affect me. And if it happened once for no reason...
Crossing fingers. 

2012/11/23 23:42:01
Rain
And thirty days later, as I apprehended, we're back to square one. 
2012/11/24 08:36:29
chad
Rain

And thirty days later, as I apprehended, we're back to square one. 

Curious if another clean install solves it again?  

2012/11/24 13:29:13
Rain
I haven't tried it yet - I've contacted tech support to see if they have other possible solutions. But I'll keep you guys posted.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account