2012/11/04 21:58:56
Glyn Barnes
Related threads
 http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2228251
http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2707633

I had not encountered problems with Pentagon. I use the 64 bit version occasionally an its always worked. However I was asked in a thread in the X2 forum to test a specific patch. Here are my findings.

A disclaimer to start with. I am traveling and I have X2 on my laptop just so I can get familiarize myself with the new features. The laptop is not optimized for Audio and is using the ASIO 4 all driver, Performance is erratic to say the least.

I tried the Nothing patch - result a click, then silence.  I changed patches and it was OK again. I browsed a large number of patches at random and "Nothing" is the only one where I found this problem. I tried editing some of the patches, no problems until I changed the Simulator settings on one patch to Valley 3, I immediately got the the same issue. I checked the "Nothing" patch again, and sure enough it uses Valley 3. When I changed the simulator to "none" the Nothing patch worked.  All the "Valley" simulator effects seem to have a problem.
2012/11/04 22:32:39
scook
I wish using Valley simulator settings would just go silent. On my setup (Win7 64bit SONAR Presonus 44VSL) they generate very loud continuous noise .
2012/11/05 00:20:29
swamptooth
yeah same here. remember the first time it happened when i had phones on. OUCH!!! .glen - windows 7 with wasapi runs A LOT beter than asio4all when you get the config file set up right.  ill post the settings i use in the morning.  my laptop has a conexant audio interface thats not wdm compatible hence wasapi.  
2012/11/10 01:26:29
Glyn Barnes
CWBRN-12690

Any one else created a problem report for this one?
2012/12/15 13:23:51
swamptooth
so this looks like a dxi bug because when i loaded pentagon using a dxi to vst wrapper it worked flawlessly.
2012/12/17 22:59:47
Phil67P

Glyn - In attempting to use Pentagon yesterday in 64 bit I found quite a few patches where this happened.

Swamptooth - I am new to this whole dxi to vst concept (and wrappers). Is there a decent free one out there (sorry question mark not working on this laptop).
2012/12/17 23:31:04
scook
This http://xlutop.com/buzz/zip/dxshell_v1.0.4b.zip is a popular free dx to vst wrapper
2012/12/20 14:20:11
PopStarWannabe
Used as a DXi, Pentagon is a mess on my system. On some patches (those with Valley simulator, but others as well) and also when I change the patches (not always) it outputs 600 (six hundred!!!) dB as measured by the limiter that I obviously placed on the track so as not to destry my speakers, audio interface and ears.

Why the f--k are they keep selling it???

Can you guys tell me if in X2 they "repaired" Pentagon as DXi?

Skook, did you try the offending patches with the wrapper?
2012/12/20 14:54:42
scook
I have not used the wrapper with Pentagon, I believe swamptooth reported some success on another thread. I have gone through the patches and removed the Valley Simulator from the patches. IIRC, there are a few other patches that peg the meters. I do not use Pentagon much but would suggest that anyone who does, use a limiter.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account