• What I want most is: TRACK TEMPLATES with data audio and midi
2014/12/07 00:44:49
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
What I want most is:

TRACK TEMPLATES  with DATA, audio and midi
                   All settings that apply to the selected tracks and clips

PROJECT    Import/Combine/Select Tracks/Select Settings
                       match tempo, Colors, buses,...

There is lots of CREATIVITY  to be gained by these functions.

I will pay lots of money quickly for these functions.

I have suggested this for at least 6 years.  Should have been included when Track Templates were introduced.

(
    hashbrown:MOD: this is not a mere feature suggestion.
    This is a conversation about the future of SONAR, during the Gibson generation.
)
2014/12/07 11:30:56
Anderton
I don't quite understand the importance of this. I assume what you mean isn't so much a template, but the ability to take an entire track - all aspects of it - and perhaps be able to transfer it among projects?

If so, is it something you would use so much that it wouldn't be sufficient to drag the data you want to use into the media browser, call up a track template, then drag the data back in? I know that's more steps, but I'm just wondering how often you'd want to use the same data in multiple projects. It seems the media browser is a useful repository for data that you can bring into projects as needed.
2014/12/07 11:39:40
scook
Track templates with data are called projects in SONAR. Projects can be brought directly into another project by dragging the project file from the browser into the current project.
2014/12/07 11:52:12
John
I think what would be really useful if we could apply track templates to an existing track. 
2014/12/07 12:18:27
ChazEd
Unless I'm missing something, I think it can be done:

Save what you want to import in another project as a project with different name.

Then import it by dragging from the browser into the project.

Need a bit of organization, but can be done, I think.
2014/12/07 15:24:00
Thank you for your responses.

Copying/importing a midi/wav file does not bring along the effects, synths, envelopes, routing, busses, eq,... that a track template is programed to do.

A track template with data would do this. As written above a track template with data is a project.

Yes I understand about inserting a track template and then copying the data, but this is not complete.

Without the track and clip information imported/copied audio wavs and midi files are raw data.

Example: I have 3 variations of a project. In each I changed purc envelopes, and eq, and samples... for the same six midi purc tracks.

Now I want to combine just the purc tracks from the 3 variations. Not just the MIDI, but all parameters.

Dragging a project from the browser does not add the buses, routing, synths,...

2014/12/07 19:29:58
Another example of use:

Create a project, record a bit
Bundle and send to 2+ collaborators
They add their bits, adjustments, envelopes,...., and return
Review, and combine the new bits with the master project
Repeat as needed

2014/12/10 14:11:13
Kev999
Another example of use:

Create a project, record a bit
Bundle and send to 2+ collaborators
They add their bits, adjustments, envelopes,...., and return
Review, and combine the new bits with the master project
Repeat as needed

OK, I can see the benefit of having a feature that allows you to export and import a track with data. However I wouldn't want the resulting files to be stored in the same folder as the track templates. Track Templates are meant to be saved for re-use in future projects. Tracks with data would only be relevant to a single project and the word "template" wouldn't apply here.
2015/01/27 20:03:30
bimp
2015/03/05 22:20:49
bimp
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account