• Features & Ideas
  • What I want most is: TRACK TEMPLATES with data audio and midi (p.2)
2015/03/06 13:29:54
Wookiee
Hi R J bumping is actual a breach of the CoC but in answer to you first request regards templates you can generate your own.
2015/03/06 14:12:07
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Why can I not bimp a thread if it is still relevant and topical and interesting?

Silly rules.

I want templates that save data.

I want to be able to export/import tracks/folders with all settings and data.

I want to be able to import tracks from other projects.
2015/03/06 15:38:18
sharke
Bumping threads to the extent that you are doing here is bad forum etiquette, it's saying "my threads are more important than anyone else's." You're not just bumping your own threads, you're pushing others out of the way.
2015/03/06 16:16:55
BobF
Why can I not bimp a thread if it is still relevant and topical and interesting?

Silly rules.

I want templates that save data.

I want to be able to export/import tracks/folders with all settings and data.

I want to be able to import tracks from other projects.

Bumping so much is kinda like  
2015/03/06 19:06:46
Kev999

Maybe instead of a "bump" you could have revived the thread by responding to the point that I made in Post#8. The ball was in your court really.
2015/03/06 20:55:56
I am not whining. I have pushed my suggestions to the top because no one else is suggesting such wonderful features.

And given the number of responses I git every time, sorta suggests that some more users are happy that I have done so.

This is a particularly great idea. It has been suggested for years. It is available in many other DAWs.

The greatest DAW on earth should have this ability.

Amazing how much attention is placed upon form and not substance.

2015/03/09 17:13:42
JoseC.
It is worth noting that midi data is not only notes. It can be setup info for external equipment. I like the idea of being able to include sysex dumps and other setup data within a track template and retrieve this like a supermulti.
2015/03/09 19:35:47
Many other major DAWs have a feature that provides for "importing" from other projects. And have had them for years

This feature will significantly improve the ease of collaboration.
2015/03/09 21:32:03
So how about yous who do not want this tell us why.
2015/03/10 01:00:05
dubdisciple
So how about yous who do not want this tell us why.

I don't think it is a case of people "not wanting it" as in being against it, so much as people not feeling strongly enough about it to actively want it. If i have to think too hard about why i would need something, chances are i don't need it. To me it just sounds like a highly specialized project file.  I can see a way to use something like you propose, but for me i would likely not use it for fear of developing a cookie cutter approach.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account