• Software
  • Izotope sales on Vocalsynth? (p.2)
2017/02/17 22:51:21
smallstonefan
thanks guys! Been working with Izotope but they aren't very helpful resolving this one...
2017/02/18 06:23:59
paulo
smallstonefan
thanks guys! Been working with Izotope but they aren't very helpful resolving this one...

I'm surprised to hear that - in my experience they have always been very helpful.  Did you kick their dog or something ? 
2017/02/18 11:08:37
smallstonefan
Their first response was as though they ignored everything I submitted in the ticket. For example, I said I was on Windows 10 and they sent me back instructions on things to do in Mac OS. They told me to try an uninstall and a re-install, which I already told them I did.

I let them know all of this, and haven't heard back from them since.

I guess they are saving me money. :)
2017/02/19 16:21:36
abacab
$168.99 at AudioDeluxe (add to cart to see discount)

https://www.audiodeluxe.c...cts/izotope-vocalsynth
2017/02/19 17:20:09
smallstonefan
Thanks! I think I'm going to pursue some other options since I can't get the demo to work... :/
2017/02/23 16:18:34
BRainbow
Just got this by email today -- supposedly 25% off - so $149.  I don't follow these products so not sure if this is a good deal or not.

http://izotope.us6.list-m...5fefc&e=558632f97b
2017/02/23 18:09:36
abacab
smallstonefan
Thanks! I think I'm going to pursue some other options since I can't get the demo to work... :/

It happened to occur to me that maybe this is your first time setting up a vocoder type effect plugin with Sonar.

I first ran into this issue when I installed Vocalizer Pro and also when I tried the demo of iZotope Stutter Edit. 

These are MIDI controlled AUDIO effects.

There are lots of instructions for other DAWs, but one thing important to know is that these plugins are audio effects, not instruments.  They must be inserted in the FX bin of the audio source that you intend to work with.  Then if you wish to trigger them from a MIDI controller, or MIDi clips, you will need a separate MIDI track, and MIDI input must be enabled on the plugin.

The basic steps to accomplish this are:

1.    Create an audio track and a MIDI track.
2.    Insert VocalSynth plug-in on the audio track.
3.    In the MIDI track, set VocalSynth as the target.
4.    In VocalSynth, enable MIDI input.

After you get the basic setup established, a good way to test this is to put an audio clip on the audio track.  Then play the audio.  Try enabling and disabling the plugin FX as it plays.  Some vocoder type plugins will not pass any audio until a MIDI note is played.  If you don't hear anything, the plugin is probably inserted correctly.  In this case, the track will be silent, until the plugin receives a MIDI note.  Disabling the FX should allow you to hear the audio track normally.  Once you have the MIDI setup correctly, everything should work fine.
2017/02/24 09:19:28
Mesh
abacab, I also have Vocalizer Pro.......although Vocalsynth seems to do a bit more, how does this compare to Vocalizer?  
2017/02/24 09:34:29
abacab
Mesh
abacab, I also have Vocalizer Pro.......although Vocalsynth seems to do a bit more, how does this compare to Vocalizer?  

I don't have VocalSynth either, but reading the specs online, it seems to be a multi featured tool, including vocoder, harmonizer, computer voice, and talkbox.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/create-and-design/vocalsynth.html

I picked up the Vocalizer Pro because I just wanted the resynthesis engine for mangulating sounds, not an actual vocoder.  I think it does that well, but have heard Vocalizer has disappointed a few folks looking for a pure vocoder.

The Vocalizer was developed by the guy that co-developed Nemesyth GigaSampler, Jim Van Buskirk.  SONiVOX hired him in 2010 to head a R&D team called Nemesynth, and he has several DSP patents to his name.
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/sonivox_announces_nemesynth_music_technology_research_and_development_group_13450
2017/02/24 09:56:08
Mesh
I actually got Vocalizer (1) when it first came out (I liked the idea of just talking into it and playing a melody on the keyboard).....TBH, I haven't done much with that. I got V2 cos it was on a no brainer sale ($19.99).....still needs to be put to use though .

Yeah, that Vocalsynth looks like a multi featured tool that I might eventually get (just need a good sale to hop on that). I do like Izotope roducts....they're top notch.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account