2017/10/31 11:04:29
Grem
Yep. There it sits in my user area......until I get home 😊
2017/10/31 12:13:24
msorrels

Aweseome!
2017/10/31 12:16:19
msorrels
Looks like it's hard coded to go for c:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\T-RackS 5 if you install anywhere else, it's going to be a no show.

2017/10/31 12:28:56
BobF
Peter - Been meaning to ask this question for other products ...

I have both T-RackS 5 and T-RackS 5 CS in my account.  Both are the same size download. 

Why for I have two?

2017/10/31 12:31:29
Mesh
BobF
Peter - Been meaning to ask this question for other products ...

I have both T-RackS 5 and T-RackS 5 CS in my account.  Both are the same size download. 

Why for I have two?

Tea for two?
2017/10/31 12:37:42
cclarry
msorrels

Aweseome!

Yep...same problem here....booooooo...and not the Halloween type boo.

2017/10/31 12:41:35
BobF
5.0.1 soon? 

2017/10/31 13:10:46
msorrels
I created a file junction from c:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\T-RackS 5 to the location I installed it to, seems to make it happy.  Though the plugins don't seem to be able to find the help/manual when I click the question mark.  May have to figure out what is up with that.  Also need to remember to kill the junction before I install the next update.

Interestingly enough it left all my version 4 plugins on the machine.  Version 5 has no 32-bit so I guess that makes sense.  But it means all my templates will have to be hand updated to the new version 5 plugins.  And I don't see any simple way to move presets from version 4 to version 5.  There isn't an obvious load button on v5 to bring in a preset even.  While I understand the issue here, I think they should have done SOMETHING to import presets from version 4 to version 5.  A tool or a one-time option on install even.

The resize is very nice on my 4k monitor though.  And the new UI does look much better even when smaller.

The stand alone crashed while I was playing with it,  I don't think I did anything special mostly just cycle through a bunch of presets.  The audio engine selection has all the problems IK stand alone products have always had.  Pretty much stick with Windows Audio or you can count on hangs or crashes. 

The wave editor UI is kind of weak.  Had a bunch of trouble with setting up a loop region (like the beginning point ended up being before the wave file so the loop stopped looping or something).  I don't think they thought it through very well.  I really don't like how I can only see the waveform or the plugin chain but not both.  Kind of makes it hard to use since I can't select other modules in the mastering chain without switching the waveform to the plugin chain.  I really want to see all three, and I have the screen real estate to do it.  All these problems might have solutions in the manual, too bad it can't launch it for me.

Haven't really tested the audio part all that much yet.  Still too much teething pain on the install and usage.

That's my report
-Unpaid test engineer #7337
2017/10/31 13:24:19
groverken
I was hoping my T-Racks 4 modules would appear in this - no sign of them though. I don't have any presets showing either.

UPDATE
The modules appear in my account as separate downloads. That worked OK - maybe just a quirk of the new authorisation manager. Still no presets showing though.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account