2017/11/01 01:25:24
Amicus717
cclarry
Amicus, I, too, was not found of the "Comic Book Illustrated" look of V4.
It did the job, but man was it terrible to look at...

Yep. They were all bad, although the older v4 plugs were worse than the newer v4 ones -- in particular, the canary yellow Classic series plug-ins were especially delightful, with the recessed rack ears and that deliberate color banding. 

The v5 ones all look great, and I find them a lot easier to read at a glance.
2017/11/01 12:04:17
BobF
msorrels
... I don't think they thought it through very well.  I really don't like how I can only see the waveform or the plugin chain but not both.  Kind of makes it hard to use since I can't select other modules in the mastering chain without switching the waveform to the plugin chain.  I really want to see all three, and I have the screen real estate to do it.  All these problems might have solutions in the manual, too bad it can't launch it for me.

If you make the window taller, all 3 come into view together.  Once all are in the view, you can resize each relative to the others.  Pretty slick

2017/11/01 12:39:21
msorrels
BobF

If you make the window taller, all 3 come into view together.  Once all are in the view, you can resize each relative to the others.  Pretty slick

Interesting.  The balance between the windows is very crazy though.  If I maximize the window I end up with this super giant version of the plugin but can only get a very small version of the waveform before it switches to just the chain.  Most likely because my monitor is 4096x2160.  Instead of having all three panes always be there it keeps wanting to switch to a dual mode.

This is the tallest I can make the waveform before it switches to just the chain when the window is fully maximized

2017/11/01 12:47:17
msorrels
I still can't figure out how to make the loop selection be the entire file either.  I'd think there would be some sort of keyboard or menu item to loop the whole file.

I also don't like how the Import Audio dialog doesn't remember the last directory.

I did manage to get all my TR4 presets over.  I used XYplorer's (awesome file manager I've been using for years) dup search feature and had it search for inverse name duplicates between the two preset dirs, that gave me the names of all the presets that were in my TR4 that weren't in TR5 and I copied them over.

I think the standalone tool needs to be a bit more like a wave editor with selection controls and the ability to apply a chain to a selection/etc.  But that's a lot of work.

2017/11/01 12:48:07
cclarry
The install apparently wrecked my version 4 Plugins on my projects.
When I open a project containing the V4 Plugins they ALL say 
"Improperly Installed" now...bummer...
2017/11/01 13:06:04
BobF
msorrels
BobF

Interesting.  The balance between the windows is very crazy though.  If I maximize the window I end up with this super giant version of the plugin but can only get a very small version of the waveform before it switches to just the chain.  Most likely because my monitor is 4096x2160.  Instead of having all three panes always be there it keeps wanting to switch to a dual mode.

This is the tallest I can make the waveform before it switches to just the chain when the window is fully maximized

I'm also using a 4K display ...

There appears to be a bug when maximized.  When maximized, resizing directly under the plug increases the plug size.  If NOT maximized, resizing from the same place shrinks the pane below the plug allowing the chain to come into view - as long as the TR5 width is less than approx 75% of the display width.

When I get all 3 in view then maximize the chain pane disappears and goes back to toggling between chain/clip.  Dragging the window wider without maximizing also reverts to 2 pane display.  It appears to be the 75% point on the total monitor width.

To get 3 panes displayed, the height of the TR5 window needs to be approx 75% of the display height or higher, but can be changed somewhat smaller once the individual panes are resized.

Me thinks they have some 4K support work to do.

I haven't fiddled with looping yet ...
2017/11/01 14:39:53
yorolpal
My plugins seem to work fine...but I'm still testing.  But the TR5 standalone won't open at all.  Bummer.  Will put in a support ticket.

PS: when I scroll down the list of all programs in Win10 and click on the IK folder I see about eleventy jillion authorization managers listed.  I can't find them in the C:Program Files\IK Multimedia folders.  Is there a way to delete all but the latest ones or do I need to keep them all??  How's about it Peter??

2017/11/01 15:09:28
BassDaddy
Ol' Pal, I had the same thing. I uninstalled the TR5 Custom Shop and the TR5 upgrade I bought and there was something in %appdata% roaming that was TR5 I deleted. I installed the TR5 only not the free Custom Shop version and it opens now and works just fine.
2017/11/01 15:29:20
clintmartin
Standalone is opening here. It's not very snappy and seems to hang at times, but it does open.
Windows 7.
2017/11/01 15:58:26
yorolpal
Tried your solution BD...no love.  PLUS...I see now that, like Lars,  all my earlier TRacks4 plugins have disappeared...poof!  Sheesh.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account