2017/11/01 20:03:35
LAGinz25
I’m wondering if part of the problem with some was trying to do a clean install? I just installed the regular TRacks 5 “B” install, (which also contains a CS update within it), directly on top of the existing stuff, and after hitting restore gear in CS—everything works- old, new and standalone.Granted this was on Studio One, but I kind of doubt that’s making the difference.
2017/11/01 20:06:13
yorolpal
One thing I'll say for the IK tech team...they are hard at work on my standalone problem.  Together we are trouble shooting all kinds of options and possibilities.  And I think we've narrowed down the problem to having your display set at anything other than the 100% default...I have mine at 125% due to my old eyes.  Hope this means that they can send out a fixed version as I do not want to have my display defaulted to 100%...it's just too small for me.  
2017/11/01 20:06:54
BobF
LAGinz25
I’m wondering if part of the problem with some was trying to do a clean install? I just installed the regular TRacks 5 “B” install, (which also contains a CS update within it), directly on top of the existing stuff, and after hitting restore gear in CS—everything works- old, new and standalone.Granted this was on Studio One, but I kind of doubt that’s making the difference.

Same process here and all is well ...
2017/11/01 20:36:36
IK_Multimedia
To elaborate on a workaround for the standalone not starting up, here are the steps that may work for some (they've probably gotten to this point with you, though, already yorolpal:

- Go to your program files directory for T-RackS 5 and locate the T-RackS 5.exe file.
- Right-click on T-RackS 5.exe and select properties
- Select the compatibility tab and under settings, click "Run this program as administrator"
- Check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
- In the drop down menu, change "Application" to "System" or "System (Enhanced)"
- Click "Apply" and then "OK"

This should not affect other Windows applications so your scaling should otherwise remain the same.  I know I can't go lower than 150% on this Surface Pro I'm on now or I'd go crazy and/or blind.
2017/11/01 20:43:33
cecelius2
IK_Multimedia
To elaborate on a workaround for the standalone not starting up, here are the steps that may work for some (they've probably gotten to this point with you, though, already yorolpal:

- Go to your program files directory for T-RackS 5 and locate the T-RackS 5.exe file.
- Right-click on T-RackS 5.exe and select properties
- Select the compatibility tab and under settings, click "Run this program as administrator"
- Check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
- In the drop down menu, change "Application" to "System" or "System (Enhanced)"
- Click "Apply" and then "OK"

This should not affect other Windows applications so your scaling should otherwise remain the same.  I know I can't go lower than 150% on this Surface Pro I'm on now or I'd go crazy and/or blind.

I can confirm that this fix is what IKM Customer Service recommeded for my problem with standalone not working.  This fix solved my problem with the .exe standalone file not loading on my Win 10 64 bit computer.  
2017/11/01 20:58:30
yorolpal
What was strange on my TR5 properties window is there was no drop down to change application to system or system enhanced.

2017/11/01 21:12:26
IK_Multimedia
yorolpal
What was strange on my TR5 properties window is there was no drop down to change application to system or system enhanced.

For me on Win 10 64-bit, Fall Creators Update, it is on the compatibility tab right under the "Override high DPI Scaling behavior".  Odd.

Edit - I'd recommend sending a screenshot to support (you can do so when you update the ticket).  That may help.  I tried scaling to 100% and seeing if for some reason that would make the dropdown go away but it did not for me, so I would send the support rep a screenshot showing the dropdown is not there and perhaps that will help.  Sorry I couldn't recreate on this system.
2017/11/02 14:56:15
yorolpal
It's probably because I recently had a Win10 update (maybe the one you mention) that totally killed my DAW so I had to roll back to the earlier version.  But when I check for Win10 updates it says I'm up to date.  Dern.
2017/11/02 17:22:42
yorolpal
OK...I'm currently updating to the very latest Win10 (fall creator included).  So...either this will fix some things OR it will kill my DAW again.  Fingers crossed.
2017/11/02 19:07:06
IK_Multimedia
yorolpal
OK...I'm currently updating to the very latest Win10 (fall creator included).  So...either this will fix some things OR it will kill my DAW again.  Fingers crossed.

I'll be here reading "The Lady, or the Tiger?" in the mean time.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account