2017/11/04 23:03:11
Grem
LOL!!
2017/11/05 20:56:18
bapu
What's the verdict? Is thing ready to install? Please consider I'll probably not use the standalone version initially.

What tricks do I need to perform to insure that:
a) I put my VST2 plugs in c:\Program Files\vstplugins
2) I do not want to loose V4 plugs in existing projects

2017/11/05 21:01:30
Grem
bapu I only installed TR5 on my home PC so far. And I opened one project that had about three to four instances of TR4 in it. Each instance had at least 3-4 plugs in the rack and some had more. They were in FX bins and in PC FX Chains. All of them came up as the older version 4 TR. So no complications there. So far.

I still want to do so more testing to see if I will have conflicts because on my music PC I have instances of TR4 all over almost every project.

HTH
2017/11/05 21:05:23
pentimentosound
I'm in the same boat as Bapu. I am not installing till I can get it "right".
Michael
2017/11/06 00:22:46
LAGinz25
pentimentosound
I'm in the same boat as Bapu. I am not installing till I can get it "right".
Michael

Although I can't attest to how it would work on different systems, on my 2 identically set up Windows 7 Lenovo laptops with Studio One, it worked perfectly with plugins landing where I would expect, and functioning well in version 4, 5 and in the case of the White and Black plugins, 3 as well. Standalone is also working correctly. The only issue I have at all is that the presets seem to take too long too load, almost like they are momentarily stuck. To install, all I did was download and run the basic TRacks-5 download in my account, using the "B" designated download. I did NOT do anything with the separate new custom shop download--the basic TRacks 5 download already has a custom shop update within it. When installing, it asked for where I wanted the plugins--I believe it already had listed, though, the right default for me--c-Program Files-vstplugins. After following all the prompts, I closed the installation. I then opened Custom Shop, hit Restore Gear under the TRacks tab-and that was it. YMMV
2017/11/06 00:31:56
bapu
What's the verdict? Is thing ready to install? Please consider I'll probably not use the standalone version initially.

What tricks do I need to perform to insure that:
a) I put my VST2 plugs in c:\Program Files\vstplugins
2) I do not want to loose V4 plugs in existing projects

I didn't install the first version, but the 'B' version.

a) No tricks required
2) You wont/shouldn't, all fine here, you still have your V4 plugins same as before.

The only issue I have seen is the previously mentioned no line on the graph with Classic EQ and Linear Phase EQ in standalone version, this has been confirmed by others here and elsewhere. No issues here with load times or 'momentarily stuck' as mentioned above.
2017/11/06 00:50:54
bapu
Thanks guys, I'll probably install tomorrow night then.
2017/11/06 15:16:53
yorolpal
Welp...as usual I'm the odd man out.  I don't have my version 4 plugs anymore and  I still can't run TR5 standalone without resetting my display every time.  Dern.

And Microsoft still can't get my internet back after my Win 10 update.  They're bumping me up to "level 3" phone support this morning...whatever the heck that means.  We'll see.

2017/11/06 15:51:26
Fleer
Wow. Level 3. Take care and watch out, yorolpal.
2017/11/06 15:59:44
bapu
Level 3 because it's one more than level 2?

Two werds: ear plugs
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account