2017/11/06 15:59:56
bapu
Bummer myolpal.
2017/11/06 16:39:14
Fleer
No here plugs.
2017/11/06 17:49:46
yorolpal
And...just as I expected...no soup for me!  Microsoft Level 3 once again could not fix it so I'm rolled back to my previous Win10...which also means I'm stuck at Kontakt 5.2 as that's the latest update that doesn't kill Kontakt when instantiated.  But TR5 standalone still won't run...so there's that:-)

2017/11/06 20:03:08
Grem
Sorry to hear your troubles olPal. Good luck.
2017/11/07 02:17:22
BobF
yorolpal
And...just as I expected...no soup for me!  Microsoft Level 3 once again could not fix it so I'm rolled back to my previous Win10...which also means I'm stuck at Kontakt 5.2 as that's the latest update that doesn't kill Kontakt when instantiated.  But TR5 standalone still won't run...so there's that:-)

Bummer olpal ... I feel your pain.

On the other hand, you aren't missing much re: the standalone app.  It's a fiddly nightmare to get a layout that works, but the layout doesn't persist across sessions once you get it set and there is no way to save/recall layouts.  I've provided this info at the IKM forum, so time will tell.  They are really, really close, so I'm sure they'll get it sorted out.

In the mean time, I'll be preparing a project template to master with.  Hopefully IKM will work the standalone over sooner rather than later.
2017/11/07 11:58:26
Grem
BobF

They are really, really close, so I'm sure they'll get it sorted out.

Really close!

I have been playing around with the SA app and it's not bad at all. But to really be an 'environment' to work in, it needs some improvements. 
2017/11/07 16:49:58
BassDaddy
I like "really close" much more than "This is what it is, live with it". After that monster stepping up for ARC integration, I can't think of any reason not to be positive and look for their continued involvement. That ARC deal really showed me something.
2017/11/07 20:48:02
BobF
BassDaddy
I like "really close" much more than "This is what it is, live with it". After that monster stepping up for ARC integration, I can't think of any reason not to be positive and look for their continued involvement. That ARC deal really showed me something.

Agreed.  I'm a pretty solid IKM FanBoi these days.
2017/11/07 22:36:43
IK_Multimedia
I'm glad that attention to your requests and concerns has increased your confidence.  Maybe I'll share some of the insider experience of some things like the ARC integration etc over a beer (or a non-adult beverage for those that do not choose to partake) sometime :)  I will be in Boston (staying in Cambridge but there for some shows in Boston proper) in just over a week, I'd be happy to visit a certain company if they want to have me - or better yet any of you from the area who post here since this wave of positivism makes me feel confident I won't have to duck any punches
2017/11/07 22:39:16
BobF
IK_Multimedia
I'm glad that attention to your requests and concerns has increased your confidence.  Maybe I'll share some of the insider experience of some things like the ARC integration etc over a beer (or a non-adult beverage for those that do not choose to partake) sometime :)  I will be in Boston (staying in Cambridge but there for some shows in Boston proper) in just over a week, I'd be happy to visit a certain company if they want to have me - or better yet any of you from the area who post here since this wave of positivism makes me feel confident I won't have to duck any punches

Swing out to Missouri and I'll buy a round
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account