2012/11/23 01:55:52
Rain
The $20 deal on Rapture is too good to pass on, but then I noticed that the latest update seem to date back to 2010.

As a matter of fact, Rapture (for Mac at least) is now 2 major OS revisions behind - no support for Lion or the more recent Mountain Lion.

$20 is no big deal, and I'm still running Snow Leopard, meaning that I should be able to use Rapture. But, I'll upgrade my OS sooner or later, and, even just out of principle, I'd hate to waste money on a product which isn't being developed/supported anymore. 
2012/11/23 17:29:53
soens
ConfusedOne say: Does not all software go the way of the Dodo bird eventually? It is the eventuality of everything... eventually!

2012/11/23 17:40:23
Rain
Absolutely. 

But when you actually buy it when the last specimen is already suffocating, we're no longer dealing w/ an eventuality. ;)
2012/11/23 17:48:53
soens
Look, they don't call me ConfusedOne for nuthin' ya know!

Just view it like the car you bought last year during the "Year End Clearance". Or better yet, like the used car you bought your daughter for which the company no longer makes parts for. If it's cheap enough use it for all it's worth until something better comes along.

Just my 2¢

Steve
2012/11/23 17:55:45
Rain
No worries. :)

It's bought, installed and authorized. 

I know there's no many chances of that happening, but, maybe someone from Cakewalk will see this and chime in.
2012/11/23 18:40:09
AT
Those two have good name recognition and should get upgraded to 2 versions, just like Z3TA.  I figured that was abandone ware after Rapt and DimPro, but no.

I'm hoping for a new synth, tho, from cake.  Best of all of them.

@
2012/12/03 05:19:38
xabiton
I hope not but I think that both Rapture and Dimension Pro desperately need updates. I don't think they will go away though because they are parts of the Sonar bundle as a whole. As long as they are a part of Sonar Cakewalk will support them but will probably going forward only update them for Sonar I think. Kind of like the Sontius fx. They are 64 bit if you use them within Sonar. If you use them else where they are 32 bit and you cannot bring the Sonar versions to other DAWs because they are in DXi plug ins for whatever reason.
2012/12/03 09:27:41
scook
DimPro and Rapture have not shipped as a DXi for some time. Both the 32bit and 64bit versions in SONAR are VSTs. I can load them in VSTHost, so it would appear that they are not locked to SONAR.
2012/12/03 09:44:14
xabiton
Sonitus is locked to dxi for Sonar not DimPro and Rapture thought I was clear about that.
2012/12/03 09:58:25
scook
My appologies, I misread the post. Yes, the Sonitus stuff is a different matter. Maybe someday they will update the VST version they sell to 64bit but I doubt they will be included in SONAR since the 64bit DX versions are already there and transitioning old projects to VST versions would be interesting. Does make it tough for apps that do not support DX.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account