2012/11/25 17:34:00
paulo
Just me or does the arp feature just freeze up now and then ? Italo 84 patch is a prime example - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but when it doesn't work, it won't work on anything.

I read on here that v 2.1 update was supposed to cure this, but I only recently bought it, so the version I got was already 2.1, so I guess it didn't.

Also, anyone know how to change which sound pack it defaults to on opening ? On mine it goes to the Mutant freebies, which I'll probably never use and also the particular one it selects is loud as hell and I keep forgetting this and pressing a key and practically deafening myself before I've started. I guess I'll remeber not to do it eventually, but it woould be much handier if I could just make the default patch something much more soothing.
2012/12/10 18:13:17
Crg
Make and save a Z3TA+2 project with your choice of an opening patch.
2012/12/10 18:14:43
Crg
If you're freezing up, your buffers are likely overloaded. What are your buffers set at?
2012/12/10 20:58:08
kwhetzel
paulo

Also, anyone know how to change which sound pack it defaults to on opening ? On mine it goes to the Mutant freebies, which I'll probably never use and also the particular one it selects is loud as hell and I keep forgetting this and pressing a key and practically deafening myself before I've started. I guess I'll remeber not to do it eventually, but it woould be much handier if I could just make the default patch something much more soothing.

If your copy is installed to Cakewalk's default location, go to Cakewalk Content/Z3TA+2/Programs.  Locate the soundpack folder and rename it.
2012/12/11 16:30:12
paulo
Thanks guys - I tried the renaming the folder thing and it allowed it this time .

@Crg - not at my DAW right now to look, but I'm pretty sure it's not a buffers issue, they are set where they have always been and I can run even my largest projects with ease and big Omnisphere multi-patches with no problem, whereas if I open a fresh project with nothing at all in it except one instance of Z3ta+2 the arp sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work, it wont work on any patch with any arp pattern. To be clear, the synth itself doesn't freeze - it still produces the sound, just not the arpeggiation. It was obviously a known issue to CW as the release notes for v 2.1 claim to have addressed exactly this issue. The version I got from CW when I bought this was version 2.1.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account