2015/03/23 21:54:41
williamcopper
Good ideas.   The notation stuff in Sonar has always been so embarrassingly bad I avoid even opening a staff window.   Just am resigned to using Finale, Sibelius, or Score as completely independent work flow from Sonar.  
2015/03/24 06:14:38
trtzbass
Man that'd be a dream come true.
Quickscore looks great btw, I need to investigate it. I can't believe to this day no one really found a good way to have deep notation functions in a DAW, or at least a usable rewire implementation.
I bought Notion 4 hoping it'd help but it crashes constantly (apparently it doesn't make nice with the focusrite drivers, by Presonus' own admission!) and when it works there are still a lot of workarounds and voodoo involved in syncing it to Sonar.

2015/03/24 06:48:37
trtzbass
took a look around.
Is writing music a thing of the past? Even the big names (looking atcha Mr. S.Ibelius) have outdated specs and issues with syncing. You'd think that nowadays you'd have a notation package that supported 48Khz playback, or 64 bit rewire. I'd love to have a ready out of the box solution to use alongside Sonar when I do, for example, string quartet to go with a pop tune. I find it silly to have to write it out on paper and then inputting it via midi one track at a time. Also I'd probably kill to see dynamics markings and keyswitches (staccato, pizzicato, etc) customization made easy. Having different tracks for the different articulations in this day and age bothers me more than it should :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account