2012/11/02 16:51:47
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Hi Friends, 

Just a quick announcement that we have released new Expansion Pack installers for all of the Rapture Expansion Packs on Windows. This includes the free expansion packs as well as the paid ones. This new installer should help to address any issues related to installing expansion packs over the version of Rapture included with SONAR X2 Producer. 

If you did not obtain your version of Rapture from SONAR X2, we recommend updating to Rapture 1.2.2 prior to running the new installers. 

We're pretty excited about these new installers as they allow for a universal installation experience for all Rapture expansion packs (even from different companies). Also, with so many SONAR X2 Producer folks now having their hands on Rapture, it will be cool to see if you enjoy some of these expansions as much as we do.

If you folks encounter any problems installing, please let us know by contacting technical support. 

We hope everyone enjoys! 

Best regards, 

Ryan Munnis 
Product Support Manager 
Cakewalk, Inc. 

P.S. Many of you have become familiar with him recently, so a very special thanks goes out to Bill Jackson for leading a project that will be hard to gauge the success of since this is essentially a re-release of products we released some time ago. If you guys have a good experience with these installers, would you be so kind as to thank Bill & his team along with me?
2012/11/02 17:26:35
Beepster
I didn't seem to have any apparent problems installing Rapture but Bill freakin' rules. He's helped me quite a few times. You should give him a raise. Thanks, Bill.

;-)
2012/11/02 17:41:52
Marcus Curtis
+ 1 on raise for bill
2012/11/02 19:36:58
Jeff Evans
Thanks Ryan for this information. I have always been a long term fan of Rapture and these new free expansion packs are excellent.
2012/11/02 20:10:49
scook
This is great news. I am sure the newcomers to Rapture will really appreciate it. It is certainly easier than following Willy's FAQ.
2012/11/02 21:18:18
Splat
I have Expansion Pack 1 TEASER and Expansion Pack 2 TEASER in Rapture, no idea where they came from. After installing these expansion packs should I delete these?
2012/11/02 22:15:27
Jeff Evans
Hi Alex, I think no. Only because I already had two expansion packs installed and I left those completely alone but the install went ahead as usual so it does not matter if they are already there.

Its been a while since I have used Rapture and I was sure the recent Expansion packs added sounds but they could easily have not as well. The installer works great though. 

I did a demo of the DSF Film Scoring pack and it can be heard here at my SoundCloud. I have only used sounds from this and nothing else.

www.soundcloud.com/jeff-evans

2012/11/03 00:20:19
AT
I was just going to ask what was going on w/ bio's rapture pack.  Now I know.

@
2012/11/03 10:46:40
daveny5
MUCH BETTER! Very smooth install. 

I didn't have these, so, THANKS!
2012/11/03 11:44:31
DeeringAmps
You know what would be really cool?

Allow us to install all Rapture content to the sample drive (where it belongs) and NOT FORCE us to install it on the "C" drive, where it DOES NOT belong!

Just sayin'....

T
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account