2012/11/19 02:35:30
THE NIGHT FOX

Hi , For five years I have been using Rapture 1.0 updated to 1.1 with expansion packs 1&2 added as well on my old computer and everything installed with no problems and ran without any running startup issues .
Last week-end I built myself a new AMD computer and now after installing Project 5 I installed my disk copy of Rapture 1.0 in Project 5 and its works fine .
After installing it and testing it I started installing the update for Rapture updating it to version 1.0 .
I installed Rapture version 1.0 into my CakeWalk files under Program files and then it ask me where I want to install the VST part of Rapture .
I installed it in my VSTplugin folder located in my CakeWalk folder the same place where I installed my disk copy of 1.0 version .

Now when I startup Rapture I get an error message and it completely shuts down on me .
I uninstall it and reinstall off the disk again and now it works fine , not sure whats going on here but it never did any of this when I updated Rapture on my old PC in Project 5 .

Any suggestions or a fix for this issue I'm having with updating my 1.0 version of Rapture?

Thanks I'll check back tommorrow afternoon sometime , see what happens when you build a new PC your music software goes haywire on you and won't install ! LOL

James
2012/11/19 10:41:09
AT
I don't understand the problem - you reinstalled it and it works fine?
2012/11/19 17:03:03
THE NIGHT FOX
AT

I don't understand the problem - you reinstalled it and it works fine?

Yes with the Rapture 1.0 disk only , once I start updating Rapture version 1.0 off my disk thats when I start getting all the error messages and after that Project 5 shuts down completely .
I uninstall again from ADD & REMOVE and reinstall Rapture 1.0 off my disk and now its working perfectly again .

Its the updates thats causing Rapture 1.1 and Project 5 to crash on me not the disk itself of Rapture 1.0 .
I have on my old intel PC reinstalled Rapture 1.0 a few different times because I had to reinstall Windows XP and I never had a problem updating Rapture 1.0 up to version Rapture 1.1 and didn't have any problems after doing that installing the Expansion packs 1&2 plus my Rature electric Guitar addon for Rapture I use all the time .

Not sure is reinstalling on a new computer has anything to do with this or not or the fact I'm now running Service Pack 3 instead of Service pack 2 or because its a AMD PC hell I don't know but this sucks !

I don't understand why the disk version I installed runs fine and not the updates , its crazy !

2012/11/19 20:20:38
THE NIGHT FOX

No matter how I try to update my disk copy of Rapture from 1.0 up to the newest version I keep getting error messages and then everything shuts down back to my desktop .
Never did this before on my old PC , now I'm starting to wonder if its a license issue now when I try updating on my new computer .

I can install Rapture 1.0 off my disk with no problems at all and everything works perfectly in Rapture 1.0 , this sucks not being able to update my Rapture 1.0 product on this new PC .

Any suggestions from CakeWalk ?

James
2012/11/22 21:12:26
Kev999
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account