2012/11/19 22:22:48
gbarrett
What's the best (or suggested) B3 sound from Cakewalk? I have a dedicated Baby B module, but if I can get to a software-based sound, I'll go there. Thanks! Greg
2012/11/20 01:53:46
AT
Dim Pro has a good hammond - a couple, in fact.  Try the Jimmy patch.  Maybe not the real thing, but you have that already.
2012/11/20 08:41:07
b rock
Dim Pro has a good hammond - a couple, in fact. Try the Jimmy patch.

Yes, there are a lot of B3 presets 'hidden' under the Virtual B3 subfolder in Expansion Pack 1 (among others).
2012/11/20 10:27:43
gbarrett
I'll check them out. Thanks!
2012/11/20 19:31:44
Sidroe
If you are on a budget or flat broke, there is a free vst plugin called Organized Trio that does a fairly decent job of mimicing a B3. I haven't used it in X2 but it did work in X1 and I know for sure it works in earlier versions of Sonar. It is pretty much a clone of the older B4 by Native Instruments. It has midi controllable drawbars, leslie on/off, expression pedal,etc. Pretty impressive for a freebie. It is rather ugly to look at but with a little manipulation in a mix it sounds pretty good.
2012/11/20 23:01:09
AT
My bad - the "Jimmy" preset is in Rapture, not DimPro.  But DimPro, as Tom said above, has some good organs.

@
2012/11/21 00:37:27
Glyn Barnes
In fact in the Dim Pro library there are some patches where you can use Dim pro's knobs as drawbars making it a lot more versatile, so they are worth checking out. I can remember exactly where these patches are as I tend to use my old NI B4II or NI's Vintage organs mostly.

It may be worth picking up the donationware Mr Donald rotary speaker simulator, this will liven up static samples. Its in the GSI legacy collection which also includes the Organized Trio VST hammond emulation Sidroe mentioned.
2012/11/27 16:43:42
lightninrick
Sidroe

If you are on a budget or flat broke, there is a free vst plugin called Organized Trio that does a fairly decent job of mimicing a B3. I haven't used it in X2 but it did work in X1 and I know for sure it works in earlier versions of Sonar. It is pretty much a clone of the older B4 by Native Instruments. It has midi controllable drawbars, leslie on/off, expression pedal,etc. Pretty impressive for a freebie. It is rather ugly to look at but with a little manipulation in a mix it sounds pretty good.

Organized Trio works if you're flat broke, but the same developer has a shareware VSTi called VB3 that's MUCH better than Organized Trio, in every way.  Costs much less than NI's B4 (50 euros), and produces very convincing sounds.  That's the budget option.

http://www.genuinesoundwa...a=showproduct&b=24 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account