• Features & Ideas
  • Track height in PRV (should be TV) - SOLVED! no need for feature request.
2015/03/22 17:21:14
jbraner
Here's something that I find annoying. In PRV, you can set default track height, and that's great. When you select a track, it's that height, and all others are (let's just say) minimised.

Sometimes you want to make just one more track a little bigger - but when you do this, *all the unselected* tracks get bigger too. It's a little hard to describe - but I like all tracks minimised except the one I'm working on. Sometimes though, I'd like a second one expanded a little (with the selected track). When you expand a second track - they all expand.

Does this make sense? In other words, sometimes I'd like all tracks minimised, but just one or two to be expanded. Having one expanded is easy, but having two or three expanded - with all the rest minimised - is not so easy.
2015/03/22 18:08:21
williamcopper
Yes, absolutely.    Seems crazy that you can't make larger the ONE, SINGLE ONE, that you are using at the moment.  
2015/03/22 18:11:33
jbraner
You can make one larger williamc, but the problem is when you want two expanded, with the rest minimised (for example)
2015/03/22 18:27:02
williamcopper
In the controller pane of the PRV, all lanes are created equal.  Which equals: none are useful.
2015/03/22 22:02:09
icontakt
1. I think you're talking about TV (Track View), not PRV (Piano Roll View).
2. Hit Shift+Z (IIRC) to temporarily disable Auto Track Zoom, then adjust the track heights as desired.
2015/03/23 07:20:42
jbraner
icontakt,

You are right! I was being an idiot - I *did* mean Track View. (no wonder I was getting a little confused by what williamc was saying) ;-)
I need to try shift Z...
2015/03/23 08:09:13
jbraner
Thanks for the shift-z tip icontakt!

I wasn't aware of this - and my "feature request" has been granted!!
2015/03/23 08:15:47
icontakt
You're welcome.
I both love and hate Auto Track Zoom (which was introduced in X2), so I switch it on/off frequently as needed.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account