• Software
  • Toraverb 2 from D16 Group (p.2)
2017/10/01 23:22:15
dmbaer
bitflipper
But what they all offer is something that sounds different from any of the alternatives I have in my toolbox.

Quite agree on this point.  I picked up all the (then) six Silverline FX units very early in my FX acquisition phase in a  60-bucks-for-the-lot group buy or maybe just a regular sale.   At 10 dollars apiece, I thought I got a pretty good deal.  When D16 upgraded them to 64-bit and it didn't cost me anything, I knew I got a pretty good deal.  I've always had a soft spot for D16 software ever since.  And Toraverb is the most different from any of the alternatives of the lot.  The other thing I liked about the original collection was the presets.  The phasor (Fazortan) especially had some nifty tempo-synced programs that are delightful, although perhaps rarely useful.
2017/10/02 02:14:14
Fleer
bapu
Fleer
But is it worth those 18 bucks?
I wonder wonder, wonder wonder.

How can it NOT be worth $18?

When I paid less the first time and ne'er used it?
2017/10/02 14:30:32
2:43AM
On a side note, I think D16's art dept is pretty awesome.  Their fake-hardware 3D models are spot on.  I recall that I sent them an email actually complimenting them on the artwork!  Probably a completely off-the-wall comment/feedback to receive, but they appreciated it!

EDIT: Also, is there a demo available for Toraverb 2?  I'm not seeing a link in my promo email or the product's web page itself.
2017/10/02 15:06:16
BassDaddy
I've always thought D-16 FX where different and pretty cool. If I was a loop mangler or Dubstepper I would be all over their stuff. If that's what you do you should really take a look. I would like to know what I'm getting this time. Might be more that October is time to save for late November and beyond.
2017/10/02 15:10:51
bapu
I need to save up for SSD5 and FG-X 2.0

Or just buy another bass guitar.
2017/10/03 01:50:08
Fleer
bapu
I need to just buy another bass guitar.

Fixed
2017/10/04 01:33:38
bitflipper
2:43AM
...is there a demo available for Toraverb 2?  I'm not seeing a link in my promo email or the product's web page itself.

It's listed here now.
2017/10/04 01:50:38
bitflipper
I just bought the upgrade, and the price was even a little better than expected: $15 rather than 15 EUR.

As noted by 2:43, this is one beautiful UI. Normally, that means nothing to me - just give me a purely functional UI where every control's purpose is immediately obvious. But there's something inviting about D16 UIs. And now I can actually read the damn labels!

First impressions:
- main volume control isn't as touchy as it used to be
- my old user presets didn't make it over
- the previous tiny size UI is still an option if you miss it
- not sure if this is a good thing or not: it sounds much better than the old version
- The early/late level knobs turn into mid/side when "MS Mode" is selected. Very cool on a Hammond track.
- above, I said "give me controls whose purpose is immediately obvious"...well, this has one that's not: "FX CURVE". The manual says it changes the wet/dry transition, but I'll have to experiment with it to figure out what that actually means (linear vs log?).

2017/11/07 17:58:52
Darek
Hey,

I found an interesting example of using this plugin:

Regards
Darek

2017/11/07 17:59:03
Darek
Hey,

I found an interesting example of using this plugin:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMEFzud5jhE

Regards