• Software
  • iZotope sets a new bar with Ozone 8 and Neutron 2
2017/10/24 04:34:46
noynekker
Ozone 8, Neutron 2 . . . No, I'm not in software sales . . . just a mere appreciator of innovative software. New shiny things that really make a difference in the world of audio. It seems to me that iZotope have really tapped into something that stands out from the normal, the next thing we've all been looking for. I've only been using it a few weeks, but it's simply proved to be a faster more efficient way to a properly mastered track than I've ever seen . . . at least for those of us who are not mastering pros, and fortunate enough to have a super tuned listening environment.
2017/10/24 05:42:50
+inf

Yes excellent stuff for sure, still just scratching the surface, but a lot of very useful stuff.
2017/10/24 14:32:52
mettelus
+1, the Visual Mixer has been my favorite so far. Looking at the different versions, they enabled a lot of the new features in even the Elements additions (both O8 and N2). The Mix Tap plugin is only available in N2A, but not sure if the light weight is that important compared to simply inserting N2, but it may be with rising track count.

I still cannot get excited for the Tonal Balance Control, but must not be diving into it properly.

If iZotope would release a light-weight DAW, I would be a happy camper (Spire may be the start of seeing this happen).
2017/10/24 16:29:30
dlesaux
I got Ozone 8 Advanced. The Tonal Balance plugin is awesome as is the Mix Assistant. Great learning tools!
2017/10/29 19:05:14
Hatstand
Hi there, just got an additional 10% off at time and space, code OCT10KRVV
That meant my "Australian" price was a little over £116 quid". I may not be allowed in the Australian parliament as a dual citizen, but I do get their tax rebates :)
2017/10/30 03:31:31
reginaldStjohn
OCT10KRVV didn't work for me. Maybe it was a personal code?
2017/10/30 10:57:25
cclarry
reginaldStjohn
OCT10KRVV didn't work for me. Maybe it was a personal code?

Most likely.  I got a 10% code just for asking on their Facebook page...
2017/10/30 11:00:34
Hatstand
could be, but the email didn't suggest it was a personal code. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
2017/10/31 11:46:11
Hatstand
I must admit I am impressed with this. The tonal balance control didn't rock my world until I saw that you could import a whole set of tracks to use as a reference and save it as a preset. I can see myself adding the mix tap into a track template to utilise the visual mixer especially for orchestral and vocal work.
 Couldn't work out why the silence on Insight, perhaps they are looking to release an enhancement to this.
2017/10/31 12:00:00
Mesh
I have O7 Advanced and it's fantastic for both mixing/mastering. Besides Tonal Balance and Mix Assistant, would there be any other compelling reason to upgrade?

Would love to hear from you guys that upgraded from O7A to O8A.... 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account