• Software
  • iZotope sets a new bar with Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 (p.3)
2017/11/01 00:42:49
Fleer
I'm a sucker for these magical wand plugins. Ahhhh, so difficult to resist. Still, resist I will. Until both upgrades dive under a c-note. Together. Not paying more than that for my O8N2 Advanced crossgrade.
2017/11/01 02:36:55
noynekker
Well, now I've been using Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 a lot and have discovered I don't much care for the Track Assistant in Neutron 2. Sure it works, but doesn't always get close to the desired result in my tracks. The Mastering Assistant is brilliant in that it saves time trying to get to a Mastering position, which can be tweaked after that . . . but with the Track Assistant I'm constantly trying to put back the low mids which get sucked away by the darn robot. I'm starting to wonder if robot ears don't like low mids, maybe it's just a human thing.
2017/11/01 02:46:54
Fleer
I for one love low mids. Or so she says.
2017/11/01 19:07:57
amiller
I’ve been working with N2 a bit more and I have moderated my opinion a bit. I still don’t think Track Assistant is very useful for my lead guitar tracks, but, it has been useful on my clean guitar rhythm tracks and acoustic guitar tracks.
2017/11/01 21:57:53
Hatstand
I have had a play with tonal balance control by creating my own balances from my favourite reference albums.
The supplied ones are quite close to some of the ones I generated. PM me if you want copies as they are just Json files.

It may be interesting for solo instruments whether you could pick a sample of a sound you like as say a wav file and use it to create a tonal balance graph that you could then match to your own sound such as say a guitar. I don't know how long the sample would need to be to get a decent graph, but may be worth a shot.
2017/11/02 12:44:46
Grem
Fleer
I'm a sucker for these magical wand plugins. Ahhhh, so difficult to resist. Still, resist I will. Until both upgrades dive under a c-note. Together. Not paying more than that for my O8N2 Advanced crossgrade.

This is the same position I find myself in today. Have been reading about the new features but not ready to throw down $200 on it. So I will wait till the sales. After Christmas, Spring, Summer, or next BF!!
2017/11/02 15:17:02
S.L.I.P.
I only have Neutron Elements, and the feature that I really like is the EQ learn button, that will analyze the audio and place nodes on areas of interest. I know you can do this by sweeping the frequency, but this is a great time saver. Unlike track assistant it won't make any cuts, or gains. 
2017/11/05 11:56:55
musichoo
I absolutely love Ozone 8 Adv. I wished this was made 5 years ago so that I don't have to buy so many plugins for mastering. The master assistance in itself can master music better than myself. On top of that  tonal balance control, learn threshold, spectra shaper are life saver and total game changer for me. Also love the vintage tape and vintage compressor. Definitely product of the year 2017 for me. It is almost like cheating.
2017/11/05 15:20:16
BassDaddy
iZotope has a number of different products on sale every 2 weeks through Christmas. Hopefully when Ozone 8 Advance comes up it's a worthy discount. I was offered a great price on upgrade from Neutron to Neutron 2 Advance so all I need is O8 Adv.
2017/11/05 15:25:12
cclarry
...and this paddle ball...and this stool....
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account